What Does Everyone Think of the Kinect for the Xbox One?

Dan Kirichok

Registered
Nov 18, 2014
I think right now it is more of a toy than a utility. Although it is much better than the Xbox 360 Kinect you still have to shout pretty loud for it to be accurate. I see the Kinect like I see Siri on the iPhone, cool for a little bit but then it gets stale and you never really use it. I'm interested to see what Microsoft will do with the Kinect in the future.

It's a pretty underwhelming feature with little practical use. The games I see which try to make full use of it, like Dance Central, are more of silly novelty than true games. I hope to see more features and precision being added to Kinect, but until then it's definitely not a strong selling point for the Xbox One.

It's great if you like to dance. But for practical game playing? No. They should of never sold it as a bundle upon initial release. They are behind on sales and the kinect is the reason why.

I'm glad they decided to not bundle it together with the Xbox One like how they said they would during its announcement. I find it's quite useless you are into the dance games or scientific research.

I've always thought that people were so unwilling to give the Kinect a chance and that turned into developers being hesitant to make it work. I've loved everything about the Kinect, but I'm not limited in the types of games that I like to play, so it works for me.

I think it's a good feature to have but I don't understand why they chose to emphasize on it so much. I've seen versions of this technology for cars which I think is the more applicable place for it to exist since you'd be driving and would presumably have more use for voice controls instead of pushing buttons, but when you're at home I don't think it's really all that necessary.

The kinect can be useful and useless at some times. Its cool but it loses its novelty eventually. You also have to have the space to use it. You kind of have to shout for it to recognize you.

I think right now it is more of a toy than a utility. Although it is much better than the Xbox 360 Kinect you still have to shout pretty loud for it to be accurate. I see the Kinect like I see Siri on the iPhone, cool for a little bit but then it gets stale and you never really use it. I'm interested to see what Microsoft will do with the Kinect in the future.
I haven't played Kinect for the Xbox one, but I have the Kinect for the 360, and overall it's not bad, but it's not exactly what I expected. It's not as accurate as I thought, but my kids like it.