What do you watch on Youtube?

scleigh215

Registered
Sep 21, 2015
I feel like I waste so much time watching YouTube videos. I love watching Let's Plays and other related stuff, but lately I've really gotten bored with my subscriptions. What do you guys like watching? Any good YouTubers?

DefendTheHouse doesn't have oodles of content, but what is there is quite good.

They mostly run their Mythbusters series, basically testing common myths in various games, and compiling them for videos. Short and to the point. It's actually a cool way of seeing if a game is "fun", as this shows the odd mechanics in the game.

& GiantBomb's First Looks are great.

The Kerbal Space Program episode got me into subscribing, and I binge watch every so often. Their style is very casual, just a couple guys watching a friend play a little of a game and chatting about it. Sometimes funny, sometimes serious. More of a gaming chat show than gaming review.

Last edited:
On your suggestion, I watched some of the DefendTheHouse videos. It's a new concept I hadn't seen before. The videos they have are really entertaining. Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely have to check out the other channel later.

If we're talking about gaming, I usually watch videos of people playing horror games. I'm too chicken to buy and finish a game myself so I resort to watching other people go through all the scary stuff for me. No particular channel I subscribe to, I just search for a title and whatever comes up with the most views, I click and watch.

For videos unrelated to gaming, I watch Laura in the Kitchen's cooking tutorials, as well as Kyle Macroux's (The Vulgar Chef), two extremely different tutorial styles, but both very entertaining and hunger-inducing.

Comedic posts what else. Every once in a while, I like a good laugh or two. Most of the characters of the posts I watch are the local variety here. They are real funny, I love funny videos and can't get enough of it. Stand up comics are nice, but sometimes can get a bit dull.

I check out for new music especially on vevo and my favorite artist's channel. I also like watching pranksters and movie trailers.

I typically use Youtube for music - both new and old. I also find a number of the self-help videos to be extremely useful also. It is far more convenient to watch someone install/fix/make/create something as opposed to reading instructions or using a trial and error method.

Speaking of Youtube, I was shocked to learn yesterday that PewDiePie made a whopping $12 million last year - making him the highest earning Youtube "star". That is a ridiculous number.

Reactions: Vanezza
I watch a ton of bloggers, like Vlogbrothers, Becki O, Kiera Rose, and a few others. I'm also a big fan of Hannah Hart, Geek and Sundry, and SciShow. Once in a while I'll watch Epic Rap Battle Of History and Hot Pepper Reviews.

Shoddy cast is a good channel. They talk about Fallout series and some about the new release coming next month.

On YouTube, I like to watch tutorials on crafts that I wish I could make! I also enjoy watching some of the famous gaming channels when I have questions about whether or not a game is worth buying. I also enjoy some of the more humorous people on there. My favorites are Ryan Higa, BoBurnam, DaveDays, and Loot Crate.

I can'tell stand any gaming content on Youtube.... YouTube for me now is essentially the place where really old Disney cartoons and new movie trailers live.

I like to watch Instant Karma videos, or Boyfriend vs Girlfriend

Along with the occasional subscriptions like Grace Helbig, Buzzfeed and VEVO stuff the majority of my Youtube leisure time is spent on watching Vice documentaries. I studied Political Science so documentaries from the "margins" really speak to me. I also watch Munchies their food channel for cooking guides and whatnot but their Chef's Night Out never fails to entertain. It's fun seeing chef's just go out and have a good time after a long day in the kitchen. It makes me want to own a restaurant, you know?

Fail Army! Is my favorite channel. I feel bad that I get so much enjoyment out of other people failing and getting hurt, but it is funny and I can always get a good kick from it. I also used to watch the =3 show with Ray but their newer videos are not as good as they used to be :(

While I do watch YouTube quite a bit, I don't really watch specific channels and just watch what takes my eye.

I have to admit though that a lot of the time I'll go on there looking for a certain video and then an hour later I'm sat watching something I never intended to. It's certainly a time killer, that's for sure!

By default, without the influence of other people (and the very reason that got me to know what Youtube is), is to watch music videos, most commonly old, rock videos. From 60s (sometimes 50s) music clips to mid 90s. As a rock n roll fan, that is my haven, my sanctuary. I love it!

I love visiting YouTube. It's actually one of my favorite sites out there, truly a good form of entertainment and a stress reliever. Well, I do enjoy watching music videos, prank videos, cover videos, DIY projects, and movie/book reviews on YouTube.

I generally just watch Let's Plays, but I do watch other channels such as Vsauce or the Slow Mo Guys. Let's Plays take up most of my time on there, but I can binge watch other content.

Mostly how to videos, game streams, airsoft matches, music videos, podcast, cartoons, stand up comedy, beer reviews, fishing videos, and other cool stuff. I love youtube, I even make my own videos and make a tiny bit of profit from people viewing them.