What do you think of selfies?

That's true cutter, but I am not one of those people that takes a selfie after another after another, I do it once in a while, especially when I am with the wife. :)

I think they are something quite mundane and boring that has just taken people by storm with cell phones being so prolific in our society. From what I read in the news it is getting a bit out of hand though. As long as it does not humiliate another person or affect another person negatively then to each is own I guess.

I don't like taking selfie, because I am not those handsome guy. Some people can be really mean to you if your selfie is shown to others. Therefore, I try to stay away from being discussed. I feel really bad sometimes, because it is nothing wrong with taking selfie, but some people like criticizing and judging others when they are taking selfie. I don't think it is stupid, it is just a way to feel your feelings to others.

I don't mind selfies as long as they are not obsessive. People tend to take pictures of themselves and post them every single day. It's not like they look any different then they did the day before. I just think people get so caught up in the adoration of others without even noticing it. I like to take pictures with my friends if we are at a party or something because I like to remember the great times I spend with my friends. I have taken selfies before, but they are few and far between.

Selfies are lame. Every time I see someone take a selfie, and they're like "SELFIE GAIZ, CMON GIT IN" I'm just hurt on the insides. Then they're trying to do all these poses...

They are basically just taking a picture of yourself with a phone in front of some scenic back ground right ? Pass.

I must agree wiht the doctors and scientists.

"The growing trend of taking smartphone selfies is linked to mental health conditions that focus on a person’s obsession with looks."

and this one

"Chicago, Illinois – The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has officially confirmed what many people thought all along: taking ‘selfies’ is a mental disorder.

The APA made this classification during its annual board of directors meeting in Chicago. The disorder is called selfitis, and is defined as the obsessive compulsive desire to take photos of one’s self and post them on social media as a way to make up for the lack of self-esteem and to fill a gap in intimacy."

I think that says itall and I can not agree more. i can honestly say i have never taken a selfie :)

I have nothing against taking a few of them when you visit a nice place you've never been to before, but most of the "selfie-takers" I know take dozens of them even when they go for a coffee. I have experienced how ugly it is to, instead of starting a conversation, start taking selfies and asking people around you to capture a picture of you.

I think they're overused and I don't understand the impression. That doesn't stop me snapping a few every time I drink though lol.

I think they're kind of stupid unless you're standing in front of something really impressive. Like Machu Pichu or the Lourve.

It's the only picture that I know how to take without having to ask another person to snap me. I think that I'm so much in love with my big head and it's why Iove taking selfie .

"Selfies" have been around for a couple of years now, and it seems to have not stopped at all, but instead grow. With social media like Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, etc, people have embraced selfies completely. Although, some controversial stuff has gone down with selfies. Some teens are starting to take selfies with homeless people, and obviously, nude photos. What do you think of them? Do you think selfies are stupid? Or do you think they're good and not a problem at all?
I can't remember when I took any pictures last. It's not something that I have time for. The only kind of pictures that I take unaware pictures snapped by my friends when I'm doing something without knowing.

I have roughly 1k of selfies on my phone so I can't judge.:rolleyes:

They're definitely here to stay.
My head is already crying for me because of the number of head selfies I've taken. When I take out my phone, I'm having a selfie taken. I can't remember the last time I never took a selfie in a day.

I don't mind selfies myself and I do not mind taking them on the odd occasion but I wouldn't say that I am someone who takes them all the time.

I know of people that seem to be addicted to taking selfies and I feel that is a bad habit.