What do you think of game bundles?

MisterRay97

Registered
Jan 17, 2015
We have had a lot of game bundles selling a set of games for dirt cheap from Humble Bundle, Bundle Stars, Indie Gala, etc. I love these bundles as they are too cheap for the content they offer. We've had the Humble Origin Bundle in the past which sold great games like Sims 3, BF3, Mirror's Edge, Burnout Paradise, Dead Space 3, etc. all for just under $5. I've also got all the Worms games for $6 on a Team17 bundle. Have you bought any bundles? What do you think of game bundles?

They are a great deal for sure, but they are also one of the things contributing to the race to the bottom happening in the industry now. They are also teaching people that these ridiculous prices are what all games should be worth and turning a lot of gamers into angry, whiny, entitled children.

I haven't been buying games lately, mostly because I don't have much time to play the ones I still haven't played and/or finished but I usually love game bundles. They're cheap, I can usually find a bundle with games I like, and when I find that I don't like a game to want to keep it, I trade it for a game I do like or, better yet, I find someone who's looking for the game and sell it to them cheap as well.

They are a great deal for sure, but they are also one of the things contributing to the race to the bottom happening in the industry now.
What do you mean by that?

Humble Bundles almost always have at least some great games in them and I love how you can just pay what you want for them, though some people just buy the bundle for something silly like $0.02 and that's just kind of a dick move in my opinion.

What do you mean by that?

A combination of Steam sales, Humble Bundles, the app store PS+ and a few other things are giving a lot of gamers the mindset that paying for a full retail release is ludicrous. So a lot of the industry is just doing what it can to appeal to people who borderline refuse to spend money, quite often at the expense of quality.

Reactions: MaxPower1
I used to really like all the bundles, They were a great way to discover games that I might not otherwise play. However as of late most of the bundles haven't offered me anything that I wanted that I didn't otherwise already have. Apart from the android bundles, it has been along time since I purchased a bundle. I see a use for them and I want them to continue, I just wish they would offer something I was interested in.

I think it's great. Back when the only choice when buying games was to get a physical copy, I don't think games were available for purchase at this cheap of a price and if ever they were they usually were very old or very crappy games. For these discounted prices I still get to find relatively new games and I even get to find some great discoveries.

I think that Game Bundles idea is great. It's not only about price of the bundle, but the whole thing. Donating charity, game authors and bundle sites itself is just great. Sometimes I'm looking at the top donors and I'm really surprised how can someone pay like 1000-1500 dollars and more for a few games. It's all about Charity I suppose. That's great anyway.

I love them! Often game bundles will have a couple of great games I was looking to buy anyways. Even better, the price of the bundles rarely exceeds the cost of 1-2 full-priced games! The inclusion of many other smaller games also exposes me to many games I would never have even heard of as well.