What do you think of Advent Rising?

Maverick

I'm A Pimp, Bitch
Registered
Jul 10, 2005
The Steel City
www.myspace.com
I think the game's amazing story overcomes its flawed controls and frame rate problems. The story is so ingrossing that I just had to see it throgh to the end. The powers you gain are incredible. AR is like Star Wars meets Star Trek meets Halo. The pacing of the game is just right with the main character always leveling up and gaining new abilities. The voice acting & music are some of the best in the biz. If you love sci fi, and you are able to overlook the game's big flaws you should give it a try.

PS
If you do beat the game wait till the credits are over. What happens after the credits is absolutely fantastic.

too bad it's not selling meaning we not might see the other two chapters, oh well, hey is that Iron Man on your avatar, that is kick ass, where can I get me one of those?

I was surprised just how much I enjoyed AR. It has issues definitely, but the heart that went into the game was just phenomenal to me....Now, as long as the 2nd and 3rd parts (which have been commited to, regardless of the success of the first installment) improve according to what the dev team want to change, and some of the fan issues are addressed, I see little that could stand in the way of them being awesome games, and contributing to a wonderful trilogy.