What Are the Best Wii Games?

CpXi7z1

Registered
Dec 3, 2014
What Wii Games provide the most exercise? What ones provide the best mental stimulation? Are there any Wii Games that increase memory and boost overall brain function?

Ehm you should try fitness for exercise, math for stimulation and reading and chess for general brain boost.

If you think gaming can help you with that, you're really wrong. Though for a Wii game I'd recommend Mario Kart Wii, no exercise, but still a lot of fun.

That's a somewhat misleading thread title, and Tycoonie259 is wrong about saying that video games can't help you with these things. Wii Fit U can give kids a little bit of extra exercise while they're playing games, although getting outside is always a better option. All video games challenge and stimulate the brain to varying degrees. In actuality, FPS and other shooters stimulate the brain greatly because of how much movement goes on and how much brain calculation is needed to play at a high level.

I think that WII fit is really good but if you really want a game that will give you a work out then you should take a look at game like just dance 4 and game like Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. That was a game the really gave me a workout and I was left sore after I had finished playing it.

Boom Blox/Boom Blox Bash Party are pretty fun, especially with firends or at parties. It utilizes motion controls in a very simple but compelling way.

Red Steel 2 did Skyward Sword before Skyward Sword did Skyward Sword.

The de Blob games are lovely little adventure-platformers. There's a few wonky design choices, but they just ooze charm.

ExciteBots is one of the most absurd and fun arcadey racers in recent history. It's a crying shame that it tanked commercially while the inferior Mario Kart Wii coasted to tens of millions of sales thanks to brand recognition.

WII fit provides the most exercise because you have to keep moving your body, I think it helps you to keep fit.
And I think every Wii game provides the mental stimulation, because you need to think for every game, even though it is a easy game..

I mean I know it's probably kind of lame to gamers and stuff like that, but I love Just Dance, all of them really.

I think the best Wii (not Wii U) games for what your asking are ironically No more Heroes and Goosebumps: Horrorland. To play either game, you're going to need space to move your feet or risk hopping about. On the other hand, the Wii fitness game also does a good job of this too.

Honestly, probably a suprise answer but the best Wii game in my opinion was Wii Sports. Hear me out. Wii Sports pretty much revolutionized the active sports game industry, it was hugely successful. Who here hasn't played Wii Sports? I don't think there is a person who owns a Wii and has not played Wii Sports. Nintendo did well by including Wii Sports with every console, so the coverage of this game is huge! Plus, bowling was really fun.

I have not played the Wii much but Mario Tennis was fun whenever I played it with my nephew.

Rayman: Raving Rabbids is my favorite Wii game. Get a group of friends together and go crazy. Geeze do your arms hurt afterwards though. :D I also really liked Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny but it wasn't much for exercise or anything.

No More Heroes, it's not really the kind of game you'd expect on the Wii which makes it even better. Ridiculously over the top in terms of everything, especially characters and violence, good humour and a cool art style, such a memorable experience for me.

I've been wondering this too because I want to get in some physical activity while it's cold outside (live in Canada). Haven't tried Wii Fit or EA Sports Active, which seem to be the ones really marketed toward fitness. But Wii Sports would work for sure. Even the Zelda minigame in Nintendoland, if you're playing the swordsman, involves a ton of arm exercise. And who doesn't enjoy swordplay?

I absolutely love all the Mario adventure games. They are classic and they never disappoint. My kids even enjoy the Mario games. These will forever be a favorite in our home.

I always liked Wii Sports, but as far as gaming goes, my favorite for the wii are Super Mario Galaxy, Monster Hunter Tri, and Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I like Wii sports the best for light exercise, hard-eye coordination, and overall fun! Wii fit is pretty good as well, but I rather just do my own workout then try to follow it on a video game.

I personally prefer a bloody game like No More Heroes for this kind of thing. However, realistically, a Wii game like Wii Resort or Wii Fitness are probably more so the style in which you'll find the characteristics of the type of game your looking for as the best.

All of the Just Dance series. To me it's great for exercise because I start having so much fun I forget I'm actually exercising until I'm to out of breath to dance another round. And then I usually just take a break and go play more. The best exercise is the kind that you love to do, so this fits the bill. My children also like to join in the game, so it's great that they are getting exercise while gaming for once.

The best Wii games I would say are:
-SSBB, esp. Project M
-Fire Emblem Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
-Mario Kart
-the various Legend of Zelda games
-Metroid trilogy
-Bayonetta
-Xenoblade Chronicles
-The Last Story
-Super Mario Galaxy
-and sure, Wii Sports

I am going to go with the classics. Mario Party, Mario Kart and Smash bros and my all time favorites. They re great for all kinds of gaming sessions. Whether you are playing alone, at a party or with a small group of friends they are always good games to bring out for any occasion.