What "20 years of Nintendo games" will you download for the Revolution

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time" for Snes...that and basically any of the TMNT games, pretty much all of them were good.

Mega Man (2 especially). Mario RPG. Metroid. Contra....

It really would be a rather long list if I continued.

Faxanadu, River City Ransom, Earthworm Jim 1 and 2 (I only played 1), Super Metroid, and probably a fair number of N64 games I never played because I didn't really come in contact with the system too much. However, I own one now, but I still only have a few games.

BC: Those are all valid points and I'd wager that you are correct. If downloading a handful of old games that don't really look/play as well as we remember is the only reason you buy a revolutoin...you'll probably regret it sooner or later.

That being said, in a perfect world we would be able to download any games we want (I'm pretty sure a lot of other companies will join in and add their AAA titles from years past in order to make a few bucks off of dead technology).

RC Pro AM, Contra, Earthworm Jim is a good choice, Golden Eye (I've enver played it), Super Mario Bros. 2 (my fav. Mario title), Super/ Mike Tyson's Punch Out, and maybe Perfect Dark (since the XB one is taking so long to come out).

I would've said River City Ransom until I played the GB version, it wasn't nearly as fun as I remember.

On River City Ransom:

The NES version had pretty solid gameplay as well as some RPG elements. Buying all of the abilities took a lot of saving up, therefore, there was some customization involved each time you played it. However, all you really ever needed was Grand Slam. Plus, I was never able to buy all that stuff from the secret shop. It also had great co-op gameplay. My friends and I loved walking around and then randomly thrashing each other. Oh those were good times.

well...it isn't really confirmed that they'll even be putting out every game, so far the only definite ones are the nintendo-published ones...

I think

Anyone here heard of Mega64? Probably. Anyways. I like their River City Ransom clip...

check it out at mega64

spudlyff8fan said:
well...it isn't really confirmed that they'll even be putting out every game, so far the only definite ones are the nintendo-published ones...

Yeah, all of the original publishers hold the copyrights to their games, so Nintendo would actually have to license them for distribution, unless they let anyone distribute the games (unlikely). Then the question becomes how difficult will it be to license titles?

I also wonder what this means for emulation and illegal ROM distribution. Now that there's an actual market at stake for classic games, Nintendo may strat cracking down more.

Don't forget people...it may be a possibility that no SNES RPGs, like the old FFs, may not even be available, same with any of them.

The big question of what titles will initially be available for download (or for online only play) via the Revolution is the important thing. Nintendo has always had a pretty solid track record with their first party games and there are some great ones for their classic systems: Super Mario Bros. 3, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Mario 64, etc.

It will be interesting to see if the Revolution will remain sort of niche as the Gamecube is or if it will break through and get sales more comparable to the X Box and PS2.