Whaddya think of the Xbox Live Arcade?

asylum_boy

Executive Editor
Registered
Aug 2, 2005
On My Throne
Just got my OXM magazine this weekend and i found that they had samples of games for the Xbox Live Arcade........What's your take on 'em?.....I found some to be pretty addicting.....And it was much better playing solotaire and pool in my liviing room, rather than on my computer.............According to the magazine, it could potenially turn into a good first start for indy games

i like the idea of Xbox. i downloaded all the demo versions of each game and some are ok. however, the price is just waaayyyy to high. the only game i would really buy would be Zuma, but im only willing to pay $5 bucks, max. paying 15$ to 20$ bucks is way to much money for a simple arcade game. you can get a major console game for that price. but posting high scores is really cool. i like seeing where i rank in the world. but ever since Xbox Live Arcade came out, everyone seems to have gotten better at Ms. Pac Man as that is the only free game.

You're exactly right about the prices......don't see much use in buying them now.....I wanna see how they use them with Xbox 360......It'll be quite interesting though.....haven't played them a whole lot because i'm been so hooked on Black Hawk Down at the time.....

What kind of games are on Live Arcade? It would be cool if they had that X-Men game from the early 90s from Konami, but they probably have weak stuff like Pole Position, Pac Man, and Tetris knockoffs. If they had good games I'd buy them.

didn't try them all, but they have generic games for now....from what i could see......in the OXM magazine, they have a picture of people playing poker....you could see their faces beside each profile...i wonder if that's part of the camera that's supposed to be an accessory for the Xbox 360......Anyways, back to your comment about the type of games, i've read that they plan on bringing back games like the Xmen one....only time will tell i guess...i'm personally looking forward to when the Arcade is up and live on the 360...