We are trying to go against the grain

ActionHank

Staff Writer (PC, Xbox)
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Nashville
www.kat5kaos.com
Dude....we are Halo 2 bashing. Someone is going to put a hit out on every single one of us. 1 article...ok, but 2 articles saying anything negative about halo 2 saying its not the greatest thing since sliced bread...or insulin, or the human genome? Plus we even went all smart ass about it and placed Halo 1 over Halo 2 as our top 5 games! I am too young to get killed by some pissed off fanboy.

!

hmm yeah, getting killed by a fan boy is a pretty crummy and a lame way to die. id personally like to go out with a big mother F'ing bang. but, that's besides the point. Going against the grain isnt all that bad. i mean look at Columbus. he thought the world was flat. everyone laughed at him. but, he went against the grain.

And what's so bad with being against the grain? in my opinion if this is to be a news, preview, reviews site, it shoud be UNBIASED. we shouldn't rate every game with positive feedback just because we don't want to create waves or bad feelings. thats lame.

anyway, my thoughts are going off on a tangent. all's ive got to say is AGAINST THE GRAIN ROCKS. STIRS UP CONTROVERSY. MAKES PEOPLE THINK. MOST PEOPLE FOR THAT MATTER. UNLESS YOUR SOME ILL MINDED SHEEP CAUGHT IN THE HEARD. IF YOU ARE, ITS OK, WE STILL LOVE YOU.

PS. STAR WARS ROCKS

Yah going against the grain does rock. I think we are the only people that really spoke negative of the game...all say its a little short on the single player side...but they make it sound like its a good thing.

I don't think you have to defend that rebiew. I read it and thought it was right on with what players have been saying about it.

Going against the grain implies you are doing something on purpose. Thats just not how it is. The game is just not all its cracked up to be. Rache saw that and told us how it was and she's right. This isn't a rebellion against Bungie/Microsoft (but I would join up if there was one) it's just smart people saying smart things about a mediocre game.

*shrugs*

I guess the site has to decide if it wants to review games, or be an anti-hype machine.

It can't do both.

:pe: Zing?

I think it's completely possible to review games and be anti-hype. If anything, it makes for a better review of games that most people automatically assume are going to be good. And nobody here seems to be anti-hyping anything, just giving the straight-piece on games.

It's one thing to do it, its another thing to do it and then make a thread letting everyone know you did it on purpse "so there"

Reply to: SaintBastard:

:pe: Zing?

I think it's completely possible to review games and be anti-hype. If anything, it makes for a better review of games that most people automatically assume are going to be good. And nobody here seems to be anti-hyping anything, just giving the straight-piece on games.
I could believe that, if it weren't for this quote from the review, "All in all, Halo 2 is a fun, fast paced shooter with lots of multiplayer action. It is not, however, the be all and end all of gaming that the hype machine has unfailingly claimed."

That makes me think that a game with no hype at all that comes out of left field and surprises alot of people will get a better score than it might deserve. Whereas a game that is very anticipated and *gasp* hyped will get a lower score than it deserves because is wasn't the be all and end all of gaming.