Warcraft Frozen Throne

Goldie

Registered
Nov 10, 2014
I just remembered that I once played this game. I looked up some gameplay footage on youtube and I was amazed at how I totally forgot that I ever played it because I remember being a bit obsessed with finishing the solo campaign/ story mode. I'm thinking of downloading it again and playing through it just to refresh my memory. Anyone else who got to play this?

I absolutely adored the first Warcraft games! Frozen Throne was so good. It's been a pretty long time since I played it but I still half remember the storyline, it was amazing. Playing it through again sounds like a great idea tbh. I think my copy of the game is still sitting in a box somewhere at my parents' house, must remember to have a look for it the next time I go and visit...

I recently replayed both the original campaign and the expansion one. It's still fun, especially when you play in LAN with friends. I remember that I was using Garena to play with others and it worked pretty well. Someone told me to use GameRanger, but I never got the chance nor the patience to try it.

Ahh I never played in LAN, just single player. Probably not going to be able to find anyone to play it with now either, even if I do dig out my old game! Shame.

I love Frozen Thrones, This is how I first got into DotA. I love how we can make any kind og map we want in the campaiogn editor, and really have fun wiht this game. you cna speed up all the build times of your buildinjgs, yuou can make everyuthing cost 1 gold, you can evenb allow your soldiers being built to consume no food so you can have millions of soldiers. this game is awesome HAHAHA

Zug zug! The RTS Warcraft was an amazing series. I absolutely loved the original and Tides of Darkness, but Warcraft 2 and Beyond the Dark Portal consumed most of my nights in high school. I miss games that had this level of intensity.

The games were just so well balanced and the decision-making was interesting. I miss the days when they made games to be fun rather than just look good.

I still play it sometimes, but not the campaigns. It's a very well-made game and let's not forget, it's where DotA first started. Overall, the replayability only extends as far as how many new maps are made for skirmish. That, and the multiplayer of course.

I used to play the mods for the game a lot, such as DotA Allstars, Element TD and Vampyrism until a few years ago when DotA 2 came out. Looking back at it now the graphics are extremely dated (it is over a decade old) I think the game will slowly decline over the next few years as more people move on to DotA 2 and LoL among other MOBAs.