War Thunder

TheBananaGuy

Registered
Nov 6, 2014

War Thunder

This game is one of its kind. Let me tell you several things, that enslaved my heart right after I learned them:
  • Its community is amazing. You almost always get an answer straight away, even in-game.
  • Graphics are REALLY good, considering the maps' size
  • No pay to win - you can get additional stuff for real money, but it doesn't make a huge difference in-game.
  • IT'S FREE - need I say more?
I was never into flying games, but this one is different. It's very addicting, especially when you get on a rampage and shoot down several planes in a row! :D What are your thoughts on this game?

This looks really cool, I used to play these types of games, but the graphics for this look like its for a PS4 xD I really wish they made it more than an FPS game though. I used to play Halo PC and there was a mod that allowed people to use the Banshees, a type of aircraft, and in multiplayer they were used as air support as well as vehicles for you to sit inside with like 5 of your team mates or your whole team, and one person would pilot the aircraft. You would then be dropped of to whatever location the pilot landed, and it was basically an advantage because it was easy travel to the enemy base while they were on ground (if they weren't using air support as well). I kind of wish this game were like that, where you can also do something on the ground and shoot the planes in the sky with your gun, or making it like any other FPS game, but with planes. Its such a shame, they don't even have this in Call of Duty :( but anyways I'm going to try this out when I get the time to. From what I saw in the video so far it looks promising.

Not to sound like I'm a paid promoter of this game, but it really IS awesome! And what I like the most about it is that it focuses exactly on air battles (sure, there are tanks, but that's whole another story) and they, imho, have mastered this area. Game is a must!

Hit me up on PM when you do. ;) Might teach a trick or two with bi-planes and overall gameplay.

omg I love this forum, how come I didnt know all these games? you mentioned that you can buy certain things for money yes? what can I buy?

You do not want to spend money on this game if all you're trying to get will be dope stuff. You can go premium and get more decals on your plane, buy exclusive planes, buy them earlier in the game etc. Nothing major. ;)

I dunno more decals and exclusive planes sound interesting enough for me! :D how should I start playing? I saw specific countries I can play as or smh like that?

Oh boy, that's a long story. Just avoid USA until you learn how to properly play, because you will rage quit every single air fight with US biplanes. Start out with USSR and/or UK. I advise playing with all countries at least once a day, because you get a bonus aaand you learn your oponents' weaknesses. :)

whats wrong with US planes? and do I have to grind a lot to save some money or to get a new plane?

US planes are really bad at maneuverability. You'll absolutely lose a dogfight 1 vs 1 if you get a USSR bi-plane on your ass/tail. If you want, go ahead and use american planes, but they're very hard to understand, and not newbie friendly. oh, and you get cash according to how well you do in combat. :) just not forget your objective - if it says to destroy ground units, then destroy ground units. there's nothing worse than a guy who flies around and just gets shot down...