VC is the Greatest

Gladly.

Let's look at the teams used by all the tournament winners since the game first came out. Each and every team consists of three of four characters. Being Storm, Captain Commando, Cable and the Sentinal. Without fail, those are the only four characters you see winning teams using. And in a game with SO MANY CHARACTERS (granted, they're all copy and pasted out of Street Fighter Alpha 3 and the Versus series), it's not good that only FOUR of them are usable at tournament level.

On the other hand, we have....let's pick out another 2d fighting game...Guilty Gear XX #Reload (read my review here: http://www.mygamer.com/index.php?page=gameportal&mode=reviews&id=244028&platform=Xbox). #Reload has a cast less than half the size of MVC2 (23 characters total, compared to MVC2's 56) but twice as many characters played at high levels (Eddie, Sol, Robo Ky, Millia, Slayer, Venom, Dizzy and Jam). Because of that, the game is simply not as balanced as other, better fighting games.

Very good very good but still it proves nothing. You are saying it lacks? Correct? Well how about they Millions upon Millions of ppl who love and still compare this to be one of THE BEST 2d fighters ever. Same as Halo................and we all know Half Life and Unreal are better FPS games

No I did not. I said the millions of who play it and still say that it is the best 2d fighter game. When did I ever say that the millions own a copy.

But if say statistically that the game blows it that it is not good. Then why is it that ppl who are experts at the game still play to this day.

Or how bout this do you still play the game or do you like it still?

PrinceLUDA21 said:
No I did not. I said the millions of who play it and still say that it is the best 2d fighter game. When did I ever say that the millions own a copy.

But if say statistically that the game blows it that it is not good. Then why is it that ppl who are experts at the game still play to this day.

Or how bout this do you still play the game or do you like it still?

Translation: I didn't intend to say that the number of copies sold denotes higher quality. I meant to say that millions of people who've played it agree that it's the best two-dimensional fighter game. When did I ever say that millions of people owned a copy?

But what if, by the average game review score, the game is poor, but professional players continue to play it?

Do you still play it? Do you still enjoy it?

MvC2 was certainly fun in a kinetic ADD sort of way, but it's enormous character stable was pretty poorly balanced. It's good for a romp with friends, but it's difficult to wade through the inequities and really get to the meat of the game. Other fighters, like Guilty Gear XX, Virtua Fighter Evo, Soul Calibur 3, and Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, rely less on their licensed characters and present a more thoughtfully designed set of characters who allow players to chose a character that suits them better, instead of having to avoid most of the cast just to stand a chance.

So, despite how enjoyable MvC2 is, it can't be said that it's a well built fighter because it doesn't stand up to the expectations the genre uses to judge "greatness."

That's very true except Soul Calibur 3 is actually terribly balanced.

And MvC2 was poorly balanced because they literally copied and pasted all the characters from Street Fighter Alpha 3 and all the Versus games.

Firstly, that's SC2. Secondly, Link is one of the worst characters in the Soul Calibur series. Thirdly, Link can't be used in tournament play. Fourthly, Kilik is in no way one of the better characters in the game. Fifthly, SC2 wasn't balanced in any spectacular way, Necrid completely dominated everyone in it, and even when he was banned (he was banned in all major tournies), there were many, many useless characters.

Firstly, that's SC2.
Crap, my bad. I was confused because I never played the third one.

Secondly, Link is one of the worst characters in the Soul Calibur series.
Well, thats just a matter of opinion; I loved using Link...

Kilik is in no way one of the better characters in the game.
Very true, but he had one cheap move that could constantly hurt you while keeping you at bay.

No, it isn't a matter of opinion. Link was a terrible character. He had no mixup game. Low damage. Huge windup on any of his strong attacks. NO lockdown. His items were useless. He had no good low attacks.

No. Kilik has no cheap moves, because there is no such thing as a cheap move. And what move are you talking about? Because it certainly isn't nearly unbeatable.

There is no opinion in how good a character is in fighting games.

spudlyff8fan said:
No. Kilik has no cheap moves, because there is no such thing as a cheap move.

I disagree, when Street Fighter 2 originally was released all the hardcore players used Guile, not ken, not ryu, or chun li. Guile's Sonic/Razor/Flip kick was unstoppable. Any other move could be stopped, from Blanka's Ball Roll, E. Honda's HeadButt, Chun Li's spinning bird kick, etc. with either a projectile or a well timed jump kick. This led to Guile being depowered little by little way up until Super Street Fighter where he was practically useless, they even changed his voice. You can argue that it might not be a cheap move, but it certainly is overpowering, same as Scorpions teleport punch in MK, or Akuma's Death move. I forget what it's called.

Cmon, Kurruption. I was SIX when SF2 came out, and even I knew that the Shoryuken, the Zangief larriat, and even Guile's own 6MK over-prioritized the somersault. Not only that, but Guile remained a consistently usable character up until Street Fighter Alpha (the console version). And even then, Charlie became a front-runner. Hell, the winner of Evo 2k4 in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo played as Guile.

Not only that, but Akuma is banned in Super Turbo tournaments because of his aerial fireball. Not because of the shun goku satsu.

CMON, Kurruption.