Uncharted 2= best game ever?

Maverick

I'm A Pimp, Bitch
Registered
Jul 10, 2005
The Steel City
www.myspace.com
In a word . . . no. Uncharted 2 is a very good game, but it's not a 10/10 like GI says (I think I'd give it a 9 if I was still writing for MyGamer), and in my opinion it's definitely not the greatest single player game ever made (X-Play's Adam Sessler said something like that). The game does have a lot of great parts (like the scene where Drake is jumping from vehicle to vehicle, the controls are very well done, the Assassin's Creed/PoP style climbing, fighting the helicopters/tank, etc.) and it is worth playing/buying, but some people are getting carried away with just how good the game is.

Has anyone else played Uncharted 2? What do you think?

Spoiler Alert:

Here are my problems with Uncharted 2:

1) The ending became predictable. I didn't see it all coming, but I did see a good amount.
2) The Tree of Life turns people into blue monsters?! Are they serious?!
3) The dialogue (comedic lines particularity) only gets a grade of C+ (maybe B-).
4) In the beginning of the game Drake wakes up with a very bloody bullet wound in his side, but somehow he's able to climb, leap, dive, and brave a snow storm with no problem. He's able to do all of this after being in a train wreck and while being suspended over the side of a cliff in a hanging train car! Why even give him a bullet wound in the first place if he's just going to run around like he doesn't have one?
5) The sneaking parts are kind of weak.
6) I don't remember the part of the game exactly, but why did the brunette have to tell Drake's enemies that they found the dagger when they where in the jungle? They could've all just slipped away and Drake's enemies would've been stuck in the jungle searching for something they would never find. That part really didn't make sense to me.

I completely agree with you. When GI gave it a 10/10 I was very excited to play the game and as I've been playing, its been a great game, but not a 10/10. Because GI gave Uncharted 2 a 10/10 I felt a little let down, but the game is still great. Just don't think that it should have been given the rating that it was given.

Best is a opinion regarding a human's perspective attitude about a thing, but does not mean it is truly the best. Uncharted games are not even close to being the best, because it does not involve all aspects of game types, which I have never seen a game that encompasses all genres. However, Uncharted 2 does look like a game worth playing once it is available.

Best is a opinion regarding a human's perspective attitude about a thing, but does not mean it is truly the best. Uncharted games are not even close to being the best, because it does not involve all aspects of game types, which I have never seen a game that encompasses all genres. However, Uncharted 2 does look like a game worth playing once it is available.

It's been available since 2009.