Ultraviolet better tank

wijg

Asst Reviews Editor
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
The Old Same Place
Ok, I have been meaning to post this for a while. I hope a very small fraction of the American population goes to see Ultraviolet. I didn't have anything against the movie initially. I love the idea of hot chicks in skin tight outfits kicking ass. Then I saw the preview with the morph ball. And I got pissed. I hope that scene from the preview is the only usage of the morph ball ripoff. If not, people will be confused when my movie version of Metroid comes out. They will think that Metroid stole the idea from Ultraviolet, when it is clearly the other way around.

So if you hear anyone talk about the morph ball as being cool, be sure to enlighten them on the true source of the idea.

METROID RULES WOOHOO

I know how you feel. Too many times has a movie or game stolen an idea I came up with a year before or so. For instance, the show Invasion that has been running on ABC this past season, about strange and alien happenings in a small coastal town in Florida after a hurricane hits, ripped off an idea for a game that I had in mind that had basically the same premise! Except mine was/is/would've/should've been crazier, though probably not as taut in the family drama/dynamics... :p

What's worse is that when I was young, I'd always yell about how people were ignorant, and that I will not tolerate their insolence! Then Austin Powers came along and everyone thought I was quoting the movie (which I am still yet-to-see) so I had to stop.

A friend of mine went to see it and said it was horrible. Full of one-lined cliche's, plot holes, and all-round cheese. He said some of the effects are cool, and one or two fight scenes had some interesting moves, but overall it reeked. I thought it looked bad enough from the previews, but he wanted to see it because of one of the directors or something.

Save your money.

It looks better than Aeon Flux in a lot of ways if you ask me. What that says for its overall quality is negligible however.