Trivia, Trivia, Triva!

Solitudinarian

Registered
Mar 21, 2006
Denver, CO
Greetings and salutations,
tired of all this video game hoo-haa, then wrap your jerkied brain around these puzzlements:

1) What late 90s film features Sylvester Stallone and Jennifer Lopez in their only cinematic pairing?

2) What non-fiction book has the record for the most manuscript rejections prior to being published?

3) How much water does a ten gallon hat hold?

Those with the correct answers will receive kudos from friends and co-workers and bragging rights for 3 minutes, good luck.

SeanXor said:
1. Antz
2. No idea .. but just for fun I will guess The Jungle by Upton Sinclair.
3. About 3 quarts.

Two out of three ain't bad, let's see if anyone can answer elusive number two. Here's a hint, albeit a basically useless one, the ultimate publisher of this book was William Morrow & Company and was rejected 121 times, yikes.

I have the answer: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance , by Robert M. Pirsig . Is the first of Robert M. Pirsig's texts in which he explores a Metaphysics of Quality. The 1974 book describes a journey across the United States, punctuated by numerous philosophical discussions (many of them on epistemology and the philosophy of science) referred to as chautauquas. According to the Guinness Book of Records Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is the bestselling novel rejected by the greatest number of potential publishers (121).

Huzzah! Good answer. next Questions...

1) How many feet per minute does the standard escalator move?

2) In what year was January 1 first used to mark the beginning of the new year?

3) In the movie predator, Arnold Schwarzenegger's character was only refered to as 'Dutch', but what was the character's actual name?
*Extra Credit - What was Major Dillion's FIRST name? What was Mac's LAST name?

Luck.

1. The answer is 128 feet per minute on the standard escalator

2, 3 Still thinking of.

Question: What was Mac's LAST name?
Answer: I belive 'they' never gave Mac a last name.

Hint !

2)

January 1 day was adopted as the first day of the Julian year by most western European countries between about 1450 and 1600. Two countries which changed later were Tuscany in 1721 and England in 1752.

Wikipedia > You

3)

Major Alan 'Dutch' Schaeffer
Major George Dillon
Sergeant 'Mac' Eliot

IMDB > You

Last edited:
Sounds good to me. Here are a few more:

1) From what material is rice paper actually made?

2) What novel contains the longest sentence in literature?

3) What is the address for Big Bird's nest on Sesame Street?

Luck.