Tripleslash Studios Considering a Vita Version of Puzzle-Platformer Magnetic By Nature

TonyMHFan

Registered
Nov 20, 2014
Source

Magnetic by Nature was a KickStarter game from last year with a $10,000 goal they exceeded by just about $1,000. Definitely not a game that was taking the gaming world by storm.

"MBN injects the momentum and physics-based gameplay of Portal into a stylish 2D underworld. Combining the grandeur Art Deco style of 1920s architecture with the simple design aesthetics of Limbo and a rich, vibrant pallet, MBN looks like no game you've played before. Whether swinging Super Metroid-style or flinging distant magnetized objects, the mechanical protagonist hovers between a crumbling technological present and a hidden biological past.

Run, jump, and dodge. Vault over burning plasma, swing from sliding bolts, propel yourself along unseen lines of force. Scale walls or descend into pits. Squeeze through a maze-like cavern of twisty little passages, magnetically-joined limbs in tow.

It's single-player problem-solving action with a twist. Victory requires clever thinking as well as twitch-quick reflexes."

Here's the link to the game's KickStarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tripleslash/magnetic-by-nature

-------------------------------------------

I'm interested in the game, it looks like it could be fun. It all comes down to price and if it even makes it way to the Vita though.

I agree with you on the price, although nothing about this game seems particularly unique or stands out to me, including the artstyle which we're seeing everywhere nowadays.

although nothing about this game seems particularly unique or stands out to me, including the artstyle which we're seeing everywhere nowadays.

To be fair, these statements apply to basically every game in existence nowadays so there really is no reason to expect otherwise.

I can only think of two games in recent memory, Metrico and Rollers of the Realm, that had fairly unique concepts that made them stand out while being similar to so many other games.

Metrico is a 2D Platformer, but its an infographics 2D Puzzle Platformer.

I never saw one before in my life. Pretty sure no one else on this site could name another one.

Rollers of the Realm is a 2D RPG. What is its spin? It's a Pinball RPG.

I never saw one in my life before it, but I know for a fact there were about 3 others in the last 20 years as someone clued me into them.

Fez, Minecraft, Hotline Miami, Thomas Was Alone, Lone Survivor, Monaco, Paper's Please, Brothers, Hack n' Slash...I would consider these fairly unique and recent. If the logic is that every game in existence is similar to another, and the most unique are worth kickstarter money, there's probably a lot of other crowdsourced stuff out there deserving of attention.

I would consider these fairly unique and recent.

Aren't most of those a year or more old? I know Minecraft for a fact is and Thomas Was Alone and Hotline Miami are pretty close, at the least, as well.

I know there are other fairly unique games, but as I said in my post I could only thing of a few recent ones. Both the games I mentioned released in the last 3 months. Given all the other games that released in that timeframe, and even the timeframe of your games, they're definitely the exceptions to the rule.

there's probably a lot of other crowdsourced stuff out there deserving of attention.

There are a lot of interesting KickStarter/IndieGoGo/Etc campaigns out there. I've been sad that some haven't been funded, but it seems like pretty much every game that goes up gets its funding unless its something super simple, asking for crazy cash, etc.