Top Ten Games List!

PrinceLuda:

I can't honestly go back to Goldeneye for too long after having played Halo. That's a true test of a game, if it can stand up to games of the same ilk 5 years later or so. The two big factors that probably most can agree with: issues of framerate and control. Halo has it beat. The actual look of the game graphics-wise isn't so much a factor. That's the problem with those old games in retrospect. Once you play the new games, it's hard to go back to the classics that do them better and then some.

So you mean tell me that if it was available for a srpuce up on the XBL or Virtual Con. You would not play GoldenEye. Or how bout this Halo perfected something GoldenEye started right? So if we had the top 5 or top 10 all time greatest FPS games would you put GE64 up there at the top of the list? Because we all know mostley everyone will say Halo is #1

I would definitely give Goldeneye its props for its contribution. The thing you have to look at is if an old game still does some things better than newer games. Goldeneye might have a few aspects that do, but Halo has pretty much usurped its throne.

O I smell you there. There are a lot of games that dont live up to what a previous one has done before it. Halo has surpassed GE in almost everyway shape and form. I'm not a huge fan of Halo but thats just me. the thing is is that there are a lot of ppl giving credit to Halo like it is the God of all games. And I'm not just talking about FPS. Some think that Halo is the only game out there............Which brings me to the fact that a lot of ppl claim to be gamers but they only play Halo?................And they are wrong to think that. they need to get out there and see what else there is to play.

Halo and GE64 are the king and queen of the genre. With out one the other would not be. But as long as we can agree on it being great i'm ok.

yes i agree with jason with halo 2 and halo at the top of the list. thought im not so sure bout the rest of the games i think they r a bit old myself

Ok How bout top ten games you'd like to see a sequel to.

1. Nights
2. Ikaruga
3. Psychonauts
4. FFVII - I know it's a movie but i want a game damnit
5. Lumines - for the home
6. Kid Icuras
7. Starcraft 2
8. Luigi's Mansion
9. Vectorman - What happen to that it was in production
10. And Again Nights

I would like to see a sequel or some kind of follow up to the following games...

1. Starcraft
2. Diablo II
3. Banjo Kazooie
4. Donkey Kong Country
5. Zombies Ate My Neighbors
6. Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars
7. Brave Fencer Musashi
8. Star Wars Shadows of the Empire (I'd love to see Dash back in the mix)
9. Secret of Evermore
10. Secret of Mana

Really, the only thing I'd perk up over, sequal-wise, would be Starcraft. And since they pulled the plug on Starcraft: Ghost (I just knew that deciding to make the game console-only would be the kiss of death... I KNEW it!) it looks to be a loooooooooong wait.

As i was reading through this list of games... I didnt see any socoms.
my list:
1) Socom 2 (PS2)
2)
3) Star Craft (PC/ MAC)
4)
5)
6)
7) Socom 3 (PS2)
8)
9)
10)
9,999,999) HALO- such a stupid game!

(Now. watch as all the halo nerds attack me!)

Damnit now you know this is gonna casue a all out war. I'm not getting in on this one I got enough Halo folks to deal with.

FINE FOOL...................I lie I can't stand f-ing Halo the game is just boring to me. You shoot and shoot but thers nothin else to the dynamics to the game. Sure its fun to play but so is Tetris. Thing is I really don't see how ppl call it the greatest game ever. True its a Good game but it's not all that great to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
(( Removed for profanity- chill out or get kicked )) -ed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I usually let SOME profanity stand, but come on- there are sometimes kids in here. Plus, if the best you can think of to say is "F- HALO!" than you sound... well, LESS than smart. Chill it out or I'll have to delete stuff, K?