Too old to play games?

Absolutely not, I don't think you're ever too old to play games. I consider video games the same as movies or music, you're never too old to enjoy your favorite type of entertainment. So long as you enjoy what you're doing, I think you should be allowed to enjoy it for as long as you'd like!

I don't think a person or individual can ever be too old to play video games. Can you outgrow certain titles or genres of video game? Sure. But gaming as a whole? Nah. I mean, we see this big argument that video games need to be labeled for adult themes and content... or people blaming video games for some of societies spats of violence. Well, if games are being labeled as 'adult' titles, who do you think those games are for? ADULTS. People 21 and over. In some cases 25 and over.

I think there is no certain limits on what age would not be advisable to play games. As long as you want it to do and you are enjoying it then I don't see any reason to stop playing games. I still remember one of my neighbor in the age of 38 is still kicking to play games. It is mainly because playing games are very enjoyable and addicting. I think no people will not enjoy playing games if the game that they are playing are their favorite.

Nope, having fun is always a good reason to play games. Whether your old or young having fun is always a way of life. Either you play games or do other things, there is no age limit when it comes to having fun. One things for sure, having fun is good for your health:D.

I did know that playing games has an age limit.
but for me I think playing games knows no age, you can play with it as long as you are having fun playing game.
playing games with your family is also a good bonding so don't let age stop you from playing games.

right now I am already at my 30's and I still love playing games, I still playing everyday.

I agree. You're never too old to have fun. It's for any age. As long as the gaming doesn't take importance over things you need to do like chores job or sleep, you are fine.

I agree with you on that gameplay is never age sensitive, it's just there are times that we would stop playing for years because as a adults we have to prioritize work, career and family but after all that's settled then we could go back to doing what we love most right?

In my opinion there’s no age restriction for gaming in this generation. With so many games genres out there it’s impossible not to find one that suits your age group.

I can totally relate my mother in-law saw me and my playmates excitingly playing a game and she looked at me mischievously like I was a little child.is likes she was thinking aren't they too old for this.I don't think anyone is too old for games certainly not me.

There is no age limit, we must do the things we like and what makes us happy, playing video games at a certain age is not something to be ashamed with, I have 40 years old and I do play video games, watch cartoons and I do stupid things because I don't want to let the child inside me to die.

Most games are made for adults, so I wouldn't say that there is a specific age where it's uncool to be playing video games. I'm in my 20's and most people around my age play different video games, be it competitive ones or for the story. I think it's the same for older people too, even people who haven't grown up with video games play them at an older age.

I don't think so. Games are really for all ages. Maybe there are some that aren't appropriate for young children. But most games can be played by just about anyone. And it's so obvious that many live streamers and Youtubers profit from playing these games. You can actually see how prevalent it is for adults. :)

No matter the age-group the game is intended for, all adult gamers have the right to play whatever they want and they don't have to explain their preference to anybody. As long as it makes you happy and relaxed (which is what video games are intended for), it's good for you. Of course, everything in excess will damage you, in one way or another. Let's keep playing video games, despite everything that life throws to us!

I think this remark is silly nowadays - but it might not have been back in the Atari or early Nintendo age. However, though, a grown man that lives with parents like a teenager and also plays video games, well, that would draw negative attention, maybe rightly so. I mean, such a person doesn't seem that much like a grown-up - to be honest.

I don't think age should be an issue when playing games. Whether you're old or not, you can still play games. We play games to have fun and get relaxed. Old people need to enjoy by playing some games. It is also a good past time for everyone. Even if I get older, games will be part of my life.

I don't think anyone is too old to play games even my grannies still do find time to play games.Games are really entertaining, educative, explorative,an exercise, helps in cognitive abilities etc.There's so much we can gain from playing games and it isn't age restrictive. Everyone is entitled to play games.

Well I think it's okay to play game when you're old. Just be careful because your eyes might not that great when you are younger and it will affect your health while you are on your screen. There is no problem playing games when your old as long as you love it and you enjoy what you are doing.

I believe playing video games requires no age. Whoever you are or no matter what age you're in, you can play video games as long as you want it! BUT THERE ARE VIDEO GAMES THAT AREN'T SUITABLE FOR SOME AGES such as games that kids shouldn't be playing.

Reactions: hannahrg
I believe playing video games requires no age. Whoever you are or no matter what age you're in, you can play video games as long as you want it! BUT THERE ARE VIDEO GAMES THAT AREN'T SUITABLE FOR SOME AGES such as games that kids shouldn't be playing.

I found that funny. It's very true that certain games aren't made for kids. That's why parental supervision is advised. It reminded me of those television guidelines before the start of each show. But it's weird that kids nowadays aren't as sensitive to violent games unlike previous generations. :D

I am 36 but nobody is stopping me from playing my favorite games. There is no age limit for playing games and nothing is wrong with the fact that we still play even in our old age. Nothing beats enjoying life through the wonders of the gaming community even when we are already in our senior years. This only shows us how well we have lived our lives.

Don't you think it's kind of cool seeing a granddad or grandmom still playing video games and bonding with their grandkids? Playing games is a form of stress reliever from all the chaos that this world has got to give. I do honestly believe that even when I am already 70 plus, I would still love to play games with my whole family.