Too many Games

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
I've come to the hard decision that I own too many games. Especially since since Christmas I think I've bought about 8 or nine. o_0

I've instituted a new policy for myself. Since I rarely replay a game once I've finished it or tired of it, I am going to limit myself to three games (single player games) per console at a time. (multi-player games, I'll collect, because they tend to have social value)

To get myself down to that I'm going to start by trading in 9 of my GCN games.

My trouble is, I have about 6 unfinished games for PS2, and I want to get some new ones. (God of War and the new Tomb Raider).

That means I need to start ignoring the games I've bought lately and play the older ones to get them out of the pool. I've decided to allow myself to buy 1 new game as long as I've traded in 2 old ones, until I get down to my 3 game limit.

I hope this will make me a little more selective about the games I buy ('cos in the past I've bought games on impulse, and never played past a few levels).

Ha ha that will never work. Buying games or games in general is like crack. You can't stop. You need to train yourself to complete any and all games. What i do is try not to Sleep. I work full time for atlest 10-12 hours of my the day i'm not home. But i don't sleep a lot so in this time comes destruction. I buy a play and play till i'm done once done next game. Most of the time i'm playing about 4 titles at a time on different platfomrs. I multi task. When I get stuck or board i change games. its a easy process.

usually, what i do is buy one game that i know is gonna take me forever to beat, like windwaker for example, and as i'm playing it over time and other shorter games come out, like RE4, i'll give windwaker a break and play through RE4 and then go back to windwaker and repeat the same cycle until i beat windwaker and move on to another long rpg type game.

i was steadily playing windwaker until KH2 came out. so after i finished running through KH, i'll go back to windwaker.

Last edited:
Haha!
I think I own too little, I'v bought one game since christmas and that was Unreal Championship 2.

I think that's pretty funny.

I have way too many games. I have two seprate Stands one for my DVD's and the other for my games. Is that wrong that i may have too many. And ipve beaten them all. I still play Ninja Gaiden to this day And I keep on buying more. Waiting on X-men and Deadrising Superman , and a few others.

I too have too many games. It seems like I'm always buying a new one halfway through the last one I was playing. I have so many unfinished games becuase of this.

I hear ya on this one Basil. I've got FEAR, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, The Movies, GRAW, Ico, Rez, Oblivion, and Battlefield 2: MC, and almost no time to play them. I'm going to try my best to beat GRAW this weekend though.

Dam, I haven't bought a game in awhile, I'm trying to svae up for a 360. That apparenly is going to take awhile since I have no job...grr. Right now I'm just happy with H2.

The idea behind my plan is to make the best use of store's tradeback policies.

Yesterday, I traded in:

Metroid Prime
The Hobbit
LotR: 3rd Age
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Sphinx
LoZ: WW
LoZ: OoT

And I picked up:

God of War
and
Geist.

It only cost $19.67 (keep in mind that GoW is a $29.99 title in Canada, and Geist is a $24.99 title).

I was never seriously going to play any of those games again. I finished a few of them, but most of them were bought on impulse and not played much before I got terminally bored with them.

I had found myself in a similar situation with too many games and too little time (or interest). So I traded everything in and signed up for a Gamefly.com account. Now I get one game at a time, with no buyer's remorse if it sucks and I don't have to keep it around if the replay value is low. So far it has worked out great and I highly recommend it to anyone who is suffering from an over abundance of game pile-up.

Yes, if only such a service existed in Canada.

If you find the monthly fees too high for the amount of gaming you do, consider www.barterbee.com. Again, not available to Canada, but from what I can see, a good service. You basically trade movies, music and games with others, using points as currency. Each trade costs a dollar.

well i dont have the prob i just keep my money all ni the bank where i cnt get to it straight away and finsish the games i have allready got