Tomb Raider

Huddy

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
The Boiler Room
I tried the latest Tomb Raider on the 360....color me impressed! Could this be a Twisted Metal-like comeback for the series? If the rest of the game matches up to what I played on the demo...I could see Laura scoring some high 8's and 9's!

My main problem with it was the pushing/pulling of blocks...it just feels weird...kinda like driving the RC Pro Am cars. (I'm dating myself with that one). Camera angles aren't always the greatest...but at least they're controllable.

Is the Tomb Raider demo up on on Xbox 360??.....Oh Man, well, my day has just been shot to hell.....360 here i come

Yep, though it's not a monsterous demo or anything...I completed it in about 15 minutes or so...and I took my time looking at the graphics, playing with the physics, etc. There's some brilliant stuff in there that has been done before, but always needed a place in Tomb Raider. Laura herself kinda dissapoints me, could have been textured a little better. But the environments look top notch!

I just finished it up.....I can say that Lara looks better than ever....Great Graphics....didn't like the camera view as much....but the other controls were great......All in all, looks like a winner to me

RC Pro Am, starts to drift off, Oh yeah that game was great! That and Rock'n Roll Racing! But as for Tomb Raider I will go through the demo tonight and give my feelings on it. I can only hope this can save the series.

As for rendering of characters vs. backgrounds an enviroments have you noticed they just can't seem to get character models right on a lot of these new 360 games. For example Perfect Dark all I can say is, "Wow look at that sky line! What? There is a person there? Where? Oh that, I thought it was just a plastic toy in the view."

My only issue is that this is being touted as the return of Lara Croft... I mean, did she go somewhere? I know Crystal Dynamics is in the driver's seat on this one but we just had the crappy Angel of Darkness not to long ago... Lara hardly went anywhere.

Should every Zelda game be advertised as the Return of Link? We get those in a less timely fashion than TR Games.

I think that phrase is referring to Lara being done right for once, since no game since the second TR has done good ratings. It's kinda a return to greatness. Link has pretty much always been great.

Was the first Tomb Raider even Lara done right? All I remember is clunky controls, bad camera and bear attacks.

Ugh... bear attacks. *shiver*

I played it Beat it and all I can say is ITS ABOUT F&^%ING TIME. I'm not really a Lara fan but this game was good it brougt me back to the first game which I thought was good. Only problem is the god for saken camra. other then that the game runs well. The game is alos easy I beat the game in a matter of 4-6 hrs. and that because I got lost on a puzel for a while. All in all this is a step in the right direction the end gave me a feel that they can expand on this installment to make it longer. I still shouldn't have paid $60 bucks for it but what the hay i had fun. And if your lookin for a way to boost up your acheivements fast the get this.

The game is pretty damn good. Unfortunately, it's a little on the short side, but it is certainly a boost to a flagging series.

I have also played the demo.Let me say this I have never liked Tomb Raider .But this game is so ausome it is a must have.I will be picking it up soon as the price goes down a little.

The latest tomb raider is amazing! love the graphics first of all, and I love how different it is from all the other Tomb raider games, too bad the 2nd one to the reboot is only for the next gen consoles, I would love to get my hands on the new one! This is how you do a reboot correctly!

I recently saw Tomb Raider with add-on content on sale for the Xbone and have considered getting it, but didn't know how I felt about another rebooted title. Other than the graphics update, is there really a lot of meat to this revamped version to persuade me into buying it? I'm a gamer on a budget, so I kind of prioritize what's actually worth buying and not, depending on how good a game really appears to be and I don't know if I want to spend more money on another old game with a graphics update.