This War Of Mine - Your thoughts

gh0st233

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
Hey guys, this game has hit Steam recently, and it looks quite interesting. It's some kind of a survival platformer game with a huge emphasis on the story. The game was inspired by the siege of Sarajevo, about 20 years ago. In the game, you are not a Rambo-type of a character, but you are a normal human being, a survivor. You are just trying to survive. That's what the game is about. You have to find food, weapons, defend yourself, make choices and such. I think this could be a good game, and I am going to try it out, because it looks quite good.

Anyone played it? Share your opinion here.

Ooh? A survival game? Hold on, just let me look up some more about it real quick. Okay, I'm back. This is my opinion on it so far: I've never seen a survival game quite like this. It's probably because the survival games I play don't usually have a war backdrop or contain quite this amount of serious subject matter. It looks like it might even turn out to be one of those survival games where you have to choose whether or not killing a comrade is ultimately best. I honestly get the sneaking suspicion they're going to fit that in there somewhere as a plot.

I have played this game and I have to say that the game is absolutely amazing. It's some sort of a sandbox survival game, where you gather materials, food, weapons and all necessary items to survive as long as you possibly can. You have to heat your shelter when the winter comes, which is very hard. You have to keep your party well fed, which is hard as well as you progress, because there is less and less food. You have to be careful when scavenging, making sure you don't get killed and so on. I recommend this game to everyone who likes the survival genre and wants to play something a bit different than what we've been receiving the past few months.