Thinking about hiring movers. Please share your experience.

BerlinKhan

Registered
Aug 9, 2019
Hello everyone,,
I am moving out of my apartment to a house. I don't have that much stuff. queen bed, 2 futons, drawer and matching mirror, dining set are the biggest items. Friends are busy and moving company los angeles I am a girl so cant lift heavy things so I was looking into hiring movers. House is about 15-20min drive
I was thinking about hiring professional movers like Two Guys and a truck etc... But I have never done it before so I need some inputs and suggestions. Thanks.
Thanks for all of your suggestions. Very helpful. :)

Last edited:
I don't know what it's like there; but here in the UK there's a lot of independent companies that will shift your stuff for quite cheap. Good luck.

The main thing I'd keep in mind is that different companies tend to have different prices, even for the same job. I would guess that a local move, they should be closer in price, but it's still to your benefit to get estimates from a few options before deciding on one. It could mean a difference of a couple hundred dollars in my experience, though that was for a longer move. For what it's worth, the company I used was Three Men & A Truck and I would use them again. They were on the cheaper side, but didn't seem shady and I didn't have any problems with them. If you look into customer reviews of moving companies, you'll find quite a few bad experiences so it's helpful to find one you can trust and feel comfortable with.

I would suggest that you make use of a professional moving company's services. This will offer some insurance to cover for your items in case you damage or theft. Don't hire unknow individuals to move your stuffs.