The Witcher 3 to be released with all DLC free of charge!

Inglenook

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Money-grubbing companies, please take note. This is how you release a game! All downloadable content for free, released in a weekly bundle and downloadable as long as you've bought the game. No pre-order bonuses, no price tag on patches, no BS.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-06-cd-projekt-announces-generous-witcher-3-dlc-plan

I agree with everything the devs said in the above article, not to mention the two other games in the series have been great games so I really can't wait for this one.

This is a good step to stop this crazy money-milking from a set of clothes, or a sword. Story DLCs are okay, but 2$ for an outfit? No thank you.

CD Projekt is doing a good job here. They are releasing an amazing game and they give you the DLCs for free. One thing I don't understand, however, is this: Why didn't they already include it in the game if it's free anyway?

I wish more companies take note of it. This is how you go about keeping your customers happy. These days holding back content to sell it later is one of the most annoying practices in the gaming industry. I'm happy Cd Projekt is going out of the norm and giving people an incentive for buying the game with no strings attached.

CD Projekt is doing a good job here. They are releasing an amazing game and they give you the DLCs for free. One thing I don't understand, however, is this: Why didn't they already include it in the game if it's free anyway?

I'd imagine that even though it was content already planned, it probably didn't make the cut due to time. So it's probably why they're releasing it later rather than delaying the game.

They probably have great ideas that they haven't had time to implement before the deadline, but they'd like to push it out anyway - and instead of taking money for it when they do release it, they decided to let gamers feel appreciated by working on it and releasing it for free periodically after original release.

Now that I think about it, it doesn't really sound like a feasible business model, they're basically donating their free time for free... maybe their margin of profit is pretty large to begin with?

It is great news that DLC can be acquired free of charge. Isn't it good to have more playable game content? Thanks for the information.

They probably have great ideas that they haven't had time to implement before the deadline, but they'd like to push it out anyway - and instead of taking money for it when they do release it, they decided to let gamers feel appreciated by working on it and releasing it for free periodically after original release.

Now that I think about it, it doesn't really sound like a feasible business model, they're basically donating their free time for free... maybe their margin of profit is pretty large to begin with?

Ah yes, makes sense. Well, I am glad they don't make games just for profits, like many game developers do these days. Example is Saints Row. While I think that game is amazing, especially The Third, 20+ cosmetic DLCs, each for 2 dollars is ridiculous. Saints Row IV did the same thing. Just look at the store, there are tons of cosmetic DLCs on it that they charge money for. They're not even all that good.