The Touhou Franchise

Saccharine

Registered
Nov 8, 2014
Thought I'd create a thread for this and see if there's anyone else who plays the Touhou games. I meet a lot of people online that say "I love Touhou!" when I mention it, but when I ask about it it turns out they like the characters and music but have never actually played the games and have no interest in doing so. I don't hold it against them, since it's hard not to love the music even if you don't game at all, but is there anyone who genuinely plays?

I was completely terrible when I started but I kept at it and after a little while did manage to 1CC EoSD and 10D on Normal (although the latter is laughably easy). Then my old laptop broke and I had to get a new one, and the new one came with glorious keyboard ghosting, so Touhou has been off the menu for more than a year now. Finally, I had the sense to buy an Xbox 360 controller and just play with that, so currently I'm trying to catch up to where I was. After that, I'll get back trying to beat the Extra stage of EoSD.

Anyone else focussing on a particular game/stage/spellcard at the moment?

I tried Touhou, but it was a little too hard for me. I'm still trying to grasp less difficult bullet hell games like Exceed and Jamestown on Steam. Someday when I get better I'll probably get back into Touhou.

P.S. Patchy best girl

I don't know anything about the Touhou games, but I have seen the fandom for the franchise, and they are crazy! Nothing but talks about the characters and their personalities, and pairings between them! So many pairings!

Are there any guys in Touhou? lol.