The game that should be on mobile.....

asylum_boy

Executive Editor
Registered
Aug 2, 2005
On My Throne
:reporter: ......After looking at some very old games this weekend, i came across some games that should be converted to mobile games......I'd say my top 3 would have to be Double Dragon, Golden Axe, Contra.....Considering the push that companies are doing with mobile games these days, these 3 games would make said companies MUCHO DINERO!!........I wonder which others would make really, really good mobile games.....Considering growing up i had almost every early console, it's good to go down memory lane and conjour up this type of thinking.....Oh and by the way, all of this spurred from playing Gaunlet on the Xbox Live Arcade......Since most of the consoles are not bringing out my retro games, i can only put my faith in my mobile phone.....Double Dragon, yeah, that's the ticket.....

no offense, you most likely cant... why? because i recently tried. you have to play through a few times before you really start to get back into it. still a killer game tho.

My youngest brother had it when I visited home last year. I rocked the first stage and was kicking the teeth in on the second when it was time to eat. (Some things do take precedence over gaming.) I doubt I could finish the whole game straight through, but I wouldn't use nearly as many men as I did originally.

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start

That was the code wasn't it? I didn't try it, but was that it?

Dude, yeah, after not playing it in like decades......I would definitely need some practice.....With the way some mobile games are going, they could learn from the earlier games......Give me Contra, the original Kung Fu game.....and maybe even a little Q-bert......And last but not least, how about a little Donkey Kong.....That would rock....screaming at Donkey Kong while you're waiting in line at the clin...............err.......post office....heehee

Actually the code was up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, a, b, select+start

also, for alot of sweet phone games go to Playphone. They have a ton of games, new and old. Have to pay but I do believe they have contra or castlevania. can't remember.

I'll have to try that one Chemist....Do you know if it's for all types of phones, or just one specific brand?....Some gaming magazines have advertising pages for the mobile games, but they are all for Cingular.....Which i don't have....Contra on the mobile phone....yeah, Kick A**

Yes, they have you go through a whole service/phone selection process then show you what games are available for your particular phone. Very sweet indeed.

Edit: Okay, I just went to the site, they don't have Contra!!! I apologize for any hateful feelings toward me. They do have some pretty sweet games though.

Last edited:
OK, found another one i want....I want to see Pitfall for the mobiles....If anyone knows where i can find it, let me know

i've got to say, i must be one of the few to play the mobile games.....Oh and the stormtrooper in my pic seems to have a lot of time on his hands as well

If you lived in the Japan, you can play the Final Fantasy VII mobile cell game if you have the right phone.

Yep. If you have a $400 Motorola cell phone, you can play Final Fantasy: Before Crisis, which is currently only available in Japan. I don't foresee an American release, however...

haha asylum nice pic. If u have a phone that plays java games. U can just download the .jar folder and install it onto ur phone. I have a motorola rokr e1 (itunes phone). It only cost me $179 aud.
To install them on this u just put the .jar file into the kjar folder and then go into games on the phone and install it! ive got fifa, thug, tiger woods, wakeboarding, and lots of others.

i think contra was a bit before my time though. what system was it on?