The end of E3

Oh my God! E3 was not just about getting out to the press. It was also about people networking. I got so many contacts during E3. I wonder how this is going to change the video game industry. If its about money, why not charge the vendors less and make E3 open to the general public and have them buy tickets.

It wasn't about the press or networking. It was about making money. When Nintendo has to shill out 5 or 6 million to do what they did there, when they could just go rent a football stadium and do whatever they want without the interference from Mountain Dew and Direct TV.

But E3 was video game mecca. A mecca I never got a chance to reach,and now I never will. This is the worst day of my life.

YES O GOD YES E3 in July is a great Idea. My hopes have be returned that I will oneday make it to the show.

I was surprised by that. I mean, they made such a big deal out of booth babes and...cmon. Nothing changed at all.

I just think it's a date change thing. I mean thats a better date to me. I read somewhere that EA likes the July setting because they can work on the games longer to have a better bulid for the show on what the game will really be buy the release at the end of the year. SO I guess less broken promises at E3

Here's what's gonna probably take place, according to things I've read:

1. Smaller venue, possibly hotel. No longer at the convention center.
2. Takes place in July as stated earlier; allows for more people to get something ready for the show.
3. More intimate settings so that business can be conducted in a sane fashion.
4. Invitation only. So, you're gonna have to probably be a journalist from a reputable place or in another relevant part of the industry. This will yield no more than 10,000 people attending.
5. Reduces cost for companies in a high-cost era of game development.