The Binding of Isaac : Rebirth Discussion

Hawxx

Registered
Nov 13, 2014
So, what do you think of the new pixel remake of The Binding of Isaac? Personally, I love it, it's so damn fun, it's hard and challenging and it's so damn full of content. I have gotten 2 good runs so far, one of them were I got Leo and bunch of pets as well as sticky floor and tear floor or whatever they're called, and on my second good run I got massive tear drops which basically max out your attack, bunch of friends including demon bum friend and managed to transform into Guppy which is I think pretty hard to do. So tell me about your runs or funny encounters, or just discuss it! As long as it's related to BoI it belongs here, have fun discussing!

I haven't bought it yet, but I did play the original Binding of Issac and thoroughly enjoyed it. I am aware that there is much more content in its sequel, but most of the fundamental mechanics remain the same.

I would probably wait for a bundle or sale, the original Isaac is selling for real cheap now after all.

I watched the Game Grumps play it and it looked awesome. I played the original one before and I was just confused, all though now I am not. I did like watching the game and the mom was just horrifying.

Already have 40+ hours logged into it. It really is a masterpiece and might be my favorite game of the year.

It is an awesome game! My only problem with it though is the difficulty. It feels easier than the original but that maybe attributed to the fact that the game gets harder as you play (at least this happened in the original). I enjoy the new music as well. Danny B makes good music but I feel that the new soundtrack is much more atmospheric and fitting. I think I will be playing this game for a while...

Danny B makes good music but I feel that the new soundtrack is much more atmospheric and fitting. I think I will be playing this game for a while...
This is the only problem I have, I really prefer the old music, I'd rather mod the game so that it plays the old soundtracks instead of the new ones, but otherwise it's perfect.

This is the only problem I have, I really prefer the old music, I'd rather mod the game so that it plays the old soundtracks instead of the new ones, but otherwise it's perfect.

For me the perfect combination would be slow and atmospheric music by Ridiculon (the new guys) and fast paced, exciting music by Danny B. Also to add to my previous comment about difficulty, I noticed that after finishing the chest, the game feels significantly harder. Can anyone else confirm this, or is it just my bad luck?