Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes

daiconv

animator
Registered
Aug 6, 2005
chemical plant zone
Prepare to vomit in excitment!!!

tatunoko47.jpg

Capcom is making another versus game. What the hell is Tatsunoko you ask??? They are a legendary anime studio responsible for memorable classics such as:

Speed Racer
Samurai Pizza Cats
Tekkaman Blade
Robotech
Battle for the Planets/Gatchaman
Casshan the robot slayer
The littl' bits
Superbook
animation co-production on Evangelion

now for some sexy screen shots:

tatunoko09.jpg

tatunoko25.jpg

tatunoko21.jpg

DISCUSS!!!

This looks sweet! Ryu's hadoken is awesome, I love Capcom's over-the-top action in their Vs series. Is this game still in development? If it is, I hope it doesn't end up on the cutting room floor like Capcom Fighting All-Stars did.

Capcom is really firing on all cylinders right now. SUPER STREET FIGHTER II TURBO HD REMIX, SF4, RE5, the 1942 remix, Bionic Commando, Dark Void all interest me. Now I have to add Tatsunoko vs. Capcom to the list.

Last edited:
yeah, I'm hoping against hope it doesn't end up a japan only title because of stupid licensing issues.

I could be mistaken, but I think the first "release" of this game will be as an arcade game, so maybe one of the 3 remaining arcades in the us will get it.

judging from the gameplay videos of SF4, it seems like capcom has this radical idea of 3d games that play like 2d games.

Soooooo,

Tatsunoko isn't coming to the states, BUT there's this rumor from San Diego Comic Con that because of fan reaction, capcom is going to make a Marvel VS Capcom 3 with the same graphical style (2.5D)

Now DISCUSS!

Maverick said:
Wouldn't it be great to get MvC 1 & 2 on XBLA and PSN? Those 2 games (and maybe even x-men vs. street fighter) would really tide me over until SF4.
While that'd be nice...GOTTA GIVE CREDIT TO THAT SUPER TURBO HD REMIX!!!!!!!!!!

Maverick said:
How is that Remix anyway? In your opinion is it worth buying or is it better to wait?
It's remixed because it's HD and was rebalanced (but also has the arcade version).

As for buying Commando 3 for the demo...it depends on how desperate you are for SF action. I'm very desperate, so I got it. While the novelty wears off quickly due to glitches, it's still fun. But there's not THAT much in it...only Ken and Ryu and one level.

Really, I dunno...