Talk about...

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
Skull-f*cking your customers.

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=20060524153157765035&sectionId=1006

Sony isn't allowing the sale of used games for PS3. They're implementing a new licensing program where you don't actually own your copy of the software, just the right to play it. It's not yours to sell or trade, doing so is effectively as illegal as if it were a bootleg copy.

So... no used games for sale, means no used game prices, means no incentive to drive down the price of games over time.

PS3 games are already going to cost more (likely) and now they won't go down in price over time.

See more reasons why i think Sony is in a sink whole. No used games ever. thats forcing me to buy a game when it comes out. and not every game is mass produced. Even though I can play inport games it means nothing. Sony is FUCKING up. ( sorry i had to say that)

I am a PS2 fan. I love my PS2. I've had a GameCube for 4 years, but just got my PS2 half a year ago. I play way more PS2 than GCN. It was a heartbreaker when I learned the price of PS3, but right away, Sony had alienated me from that console. I'll probably never get it. Not for that price, and it's highly doubtful it will EVER come down to $150 like the PS2 did when I bought it.

Now I'm just laughing at all the screw-ups Sony seems to be making. They're worse than Microsoft, it seems, at times.

I like the Sony response

"We have made all of the official announcements at E3 and cannot make any further comments at this time. We will be announcing more news running up to PlayStation 3's launch."

May as well have just said yes... because if they weren't planning to do it then surely they would have denied it.

Remember: It has been confirmed that they have a patent for technology that bonds software to a particular piece of hardware. I.e. if you buy a game, and load it on your PS3, from that point on, you can only play that game disc on YOUR PS3, no trading, no selling, no bloody lending it to a friend or taking it over to play on his/her PS3.

And Spuds accuses Nintendo of gouging. I say that this is worse!

Wow, thats just a load of crap. Well, I guess we'll have to see how Sony does after that. I am just angry now.

If they do that I'll only be able to get games I really want and not games I want to just check out for fun. That a big mistake on sony part if they do that

basilmunroe said:
And Spuds accuses Nintendo of gouging. I say that this is worse!

Aagin I say whos only out for the MONEY. and whos out for many and making ppl happy to play games. Whos out there saying it's all about the Gamers. NOT SONY. it's all about the DOLLARS

I honestly can't believe what I have read, if this is true of Sony doing this, I'm not buying (not that I can afford it) a PS3...

I have 2 PS2's, both purchased used...

Many controllers (some how they keep falling apart and a few ended up in the neibors tree), all bought off the used rack...

I've always buy 2 used copies of all my games (except for 2 new copies of RB6LD, what a wasted of $100)...

I bet you won't even be able to purchase a used PS3 after they lanch the console...

I truely think Sony is going to dig their own grave on this new policy...

Peace,

No they can't stop you from selling your PS3. Not hardware. In order to do that, they'd have to rent you the console much like cable companies rent you your high speed modems or digital cable receivers.

Well how bout this fact. NO EBAY SALES OF OPEN GAMES. If it will become a leagal thing for used games then you can count EBAY out. Which sucks. I buy games off ebay and most of them are used because it's cheaper. 10% off used games at GS i'm there. Sony is going down, and in a way it's about time. I'm sick of hearing about them being on top. It's time for something new or old (new). Sony and the Playstation Name is well know and ppl buy it because of the name. But well see if thats true now, $600 price tag, no Blu-Ray support, High game cost, And now this. Sony really think because it says Playstation it will sell. But look at the poor little PSP. HA

I would hope that it isn't true. Why would Sony go and do something that would obviously destroy what they have spent many years building, a fanbase.

The reason this may hold true is because the PS3 is going to me more of a computer. If you look at the spec's it's the closest gaming console to be more PC based. PC games are never sold used. Once you open it and play it it's yours. Now I'm not a PC person I don't play games on a PC and the ones I did barely like ( the old texted based ones were the best ), so I don't know how PC games work. I know MMO's will not work on another system. As of know it can hold some truth. But we'll have to wait a see.

P.S. My friend was right gaming machines should stay away from being more like a PC. Stick to just playing games. There is no real reason to make a PS3/Computer. He said this in which I can agree with. Once the machine is more PC based you run into all the problems that PC owners run into, virus, bad software, and all the other problems of bad hacking.

OMG. If this is actually exercised thats gonna suck @ss. I'm a gaming fanboy, i love all the systems, and i was looking forward to and anxious for the PS3's release. I, as many others, have sold and brought used innumerable amount of used games in my life time and this is like a dagger in my gaming heart. It's hard for me to say this, and if u've read any of my PS3 posted in the past u'll know, but if u can't purchase or sell a used games ... the PS3 might *sigh* :sigh: die really soon.

But i'll still buy it just to have it.

We won't know for certain until closer to launch time (or even a little after). This is one rumor that does have a real possibility of being true. Sony is boasting that their new anti-pirating software is the best and can't be beat. If applied to movies, though, then there would be no renting. Or else they have a way around it for movies.