Super Smash Bros Brawl

Taku

Registered
Aug 26, 2005
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html

Check out the screens and the trailer.

I'm psyched, what else can I say :p? Last SSB game lasted me the past 4 years on and off (mainly the first 2). This one has online and is gonna be even better, so who knows how long this'll hold me.

It appears as if there are "super attacks" for the characters. Link's crazy slashy thing and Mario's big fireball type stuff. It was probably just the whole theatrical trailer thing but maybe there will be a story mode.

Nobuo Uematsu apparently composed the theme. Spiffy.

Thoughts? Something other then "omg pwnage!1!1!" please >_>.

BTW, the forum name needs a chaning.

Indeed it looks excellent. Even though it is no longer a launch title, I am pleased by the possibility for more characters.

I was really surprised that Nintendo decided to get Solid Snake into the game. I guess Nintendo and Konami will have a strong relationship well into the next console generation. I wonder if Snake will now start making cameos in all sorts of different properties, sorta like the way Dante showed up in Viewtiful Joe and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

I'm not surprised. Hideo Kojima and Shigeru Miyamoto are good pals. I mean, I didn't see it coming...but it's an excellent thing.

The Snake thing completely caught me off guard. I was talking with another kid at school about it... he's a major smash fan (he went pro in SSBM tourneys a while ago), and he's not too happy about. I'm sort of indifferent to it since I haven't really decided whether its a good or bad thing, and probably won't until the game is out and we can see what Snake can really do and how he impacts the game. I like how they introduced him in the trailer though... that sneak. ^_^

The special attack things interest me, since they are both very flashy and involve lots of explosions. They also remind me of Limit Breaks... Did anyone see Link's super-slashy attack? Looks an awful lot like Cloud's OmniSlash or even Squall's ultimate limit break (forget what it was called >_<). They seem to be taking their items to the next level, since Mario had to pick that SSBM emblem up to activate his attack. They look cool, but I think they would tick me off in battle since they're so powerful and, as far as I know, don't involve a whole lot of skill to use. I might be completely wrong about that, so someone correct me if I am ^_^

Man i almost shat' on myself when i first saw it. But when i saw Snake i had a heart attack, So i dead with shhht all over myself.. if theres anyone who wasn't gonna buy the Wii watch the trailer and u will buy it, if not for another game. i'm still in AWE.

Nintendo is apparently asking other developers for ideas for more characters, so hopefully, we will finally see Sonic in this game.

I've never bought a Smash game, but that will change when this comes out.

Online is the biggest thing that draws me in. As long as it maintains the awesome SSB gameplay I've come to love, I can't see myself complaining about anything. SSBM is one of the greatest, and most exciting games I have ever played.

Heheh, it is funny you speak of online Smash because one of my friends has wired a GameCube to the 'Net and played with some other people... I have no clue how he did it, but if anyone can't hold out until the Wii is released, PM me and I'll do my best to get you some sort of hook up.

SnakeWesker, where did you here Nintendo was accepting from other developers? I don't doubt credibility or anything I just want to know. :) It would be so ultimately bitchin if Sonic arrived on the scene... what would be weird, but also kinda neat, would be a Final Fantasy cameo (yeah, so I like my RPGs a little too much XD). Even a Black Mage would be awesome (especially cause pixels kick@$$). As long as Nintendo doesn't pull in Captain Olimar.... I know I heard of some people rooting for him to be a SSBB draft.

Random thought: could you imagine Animal Crossing in SSB? How wacked out would that be?

I wouldn't be surprised at ALL if we saw a Black Mage (since they appeard on FF1, FF3, FFDOS, etc, all on Nintendo platforms) or maybe some of the Crystal Chronicles people.

You've gotta remember Earthbound and Fire Emblem. Few people really knew about these series in America. Then Marth, Roy and Ness showed up in SSB/M and now, everyone knows about them. Having a character in SSB will make it so everyone knows your game.

What I wanna know is why everyone wants to see Sonic in there. is it because that is the oldest fued in gaming. Sonic Vs. Mario. hmmmmmmmmm. *noding* Yes i would like that very much so. If they would have never sold Rare. Joanna Dark anyone.