Super Mario 64

Rowan

Not a new member
Registered
Mar 14, 2015
I know the Nintendo 64 isn't very old. But it's fun.
My favorite game was Super Mario 64. I played it for hours. I beat it multiple times. The best part was doing bowser in circles and just watching him smash into those giant spike balls. The freedom of jumping into dozens of pictures and getting 6 levels for each of these levels was a lot for such an old system. In the remakes there was slightly more levels and instead of 120 stars, 150.
The hardest thing to do in the game was to get all 150 stars. There were small secrets everywhere. On the top floor and to the right there was a room with painting. In that painting you could do the slide. I didn't find this for a long time.
I loved everything about the game. My most hated part was when people told me that if you did some random thing you could get Luigi which I believed for a long time. In the DS version people told me other lies like how to get Waluigi. Trying to see if those rumors worked was most of the fun in the game.
I wish they would make a second game but I highly doubt they will.
For now we can use what we have.
If you haven't tried this game out, you should.

Mario 64 was my first game on the N64 and I have so many memories of playing that game. I especially remember at the end fighting Bowser, when you pick him up by the tail and then circle the control stick to spin him around. That was so awesome!

Mario 64 was the best Mario in my opinion for newer-gen consoles (newer then SNES, mind you - when I say that.)

With such sweeping levels and animation, it was right on time for its' consoles age. Music, everything. The fact you had to complete full levels and you could jump into paintings that linked to other worlds seemed so fantastical and awesome as a young adult enjoying my N64.

To this day, I still hum the WING CAP music, a re-invention of the "invincibility music" and sounds so LUCID!

That game was such a pivotal part of my childhood, so I have to agree with you. I always remember playing that whenever it was raining and I would always try to run up the Bowser staircase for no reason.

I agree that Super Mario was a huge part of my childhood also. I remember playing it on the super nintendo and nintendo 64 consoles. I still play mario even today but now I play on my Android phone. Very fun game to play and it just never gets boring.

I enjoyed Super Mario 64 but I have to admit it wasn't my favourite of the 64 games. It was a good game, don't get me wrong but the 64 for me was a multiplayer system.

I loved games like Mario Kart, Super Smash Brothers, Star Fox, & Mario Party. It was a fun system to have when you had friends outside of the virtual world that you could invite over & play side by side while crap talking each other.

I realize that I'm in the minority here, but I never liked SM64. I don't know why, but it never clicked with me. Maybe it's because I grew up on the PSX and the 3D platformers there were already figured out thanks to SM64 paving the way.

This game just seemed so epic when I was a kid. I remember going to Walmart and playing the demo for as long as I possibly could. It made me want the N64 so badly. I played it all the time after I finally convinced my parents that I needed it. I never got all the stars though.

I always thought this game was gonna be a big paradigm shift where Nintendo was gonna make all these cool 3D Mario games but it didn't really happen outside the Mario Sunshine game. The newer sidescrollers are probably fun but I wish they'd come out with something like Mario 64 again with newer technology.

This game just seemed so epic when I was a kid. I remember going to Walmart and playing the demo for as long as I possibly could. It made me want the N64 so badly. I played it all the time after I finally convinced my parents that I needed it. I never got all the stars though.

I always thought this game was gonna be a big paradigm shift where Nintendo was gonna make all these cool 3D Mario games but it didn't really happen outside the Mario Sunshine game. The newer sidescrollers are probably fun but I wish they'd come out with something like Mario 64 again with newer technology.

Super Mario 64 was the first game that I had for my Nintendo 64. I remember being so young when I was playing that game that I thought of it to be incredibly difficult. It wasn't until I started to play it again last summer before heading off to University that it was a lot easier than I had once thunk. It truly is a classic; nothing can take its place as much any other game tries.

I remember the one level or "painting" that I disliked with a passion was the snow with the penguins. I can't control mario in snow, and the amount of times that I have raced that penguin and tried to do the "trick" by jumping off the ice slide to the bottom slide was always a pain to do! Speaking of that, has anyone done that cheat successfully?

Yeah. The opposite of you, I actually loved that level as one of my favorites. Snow Mountain. I'd always shortcut the race if I could. I only legit when down the whole track like four times. The rest was all leaps and landing farther down to outpace the race. And it wasn't that hard, when you got angling with the thumbsticks down.

I also loved the whole other parts of that map basically being a vertical scale up and down and a lot of it was jumps and not failing. (I love jumping puzzles/games). And the music was catchy.

this is the Mario that I really like the most.. because it's in 3D, you can actually see him fight monsters and do different tricks, although the cap or the ugrades are really really few I wished that they could have made so much many different caps during the game.