Stranded on a Deserted Island with Only 1 Game

prose

Registered
Oct 15, 2015
If you were stranded on a deserted island with only one video game to play, what would it be? We're assuming the gaming console needed and electricity are available, but you do not have internet connection or any means to communicate with the rest of the world. Which game would you choose?

I would choose Sims 3 for PC. There are so many scenarios you could set up that it would not necessarily feel like playing the same game over and over again.

Reactions: jeffreyjose48
I would say Dragon Age Origins since the game play is around 70 to 100 hours and would keep me occupied as there are many choices in the game, and you have to lead the other characters to move forward in the game which can be challenging. It is interesting to see how there are different origins which can take around an hour to 2 hours depending on the choices made in the game, and this will affect how the other races react to you like a human origin is treated better than the other ones. I enjoy how the graphics are real good and also enjoy how it was made and for a console you would not need the internet which will be a good thing while playing.

I'd probably have to go with Skyrim. It's a game that has a lot of variety, and is easily something you can put in hundreds upon hundreds of hours into. I've had to forcefully will myself away from the game so I wouldn't spend ALL my time playing, and still managed to get 200 hours in. I'm not even close to being done either.

For me, I would choose the latest iteration of FIFA. I have invested more hours in this series than any other. This decision was made even easier when taking into consideration that sports games and open-world games have great replay value which is perfect for when stranded on a Desert Island.

If I could play World of Warcraft offline, I would definitely choose that. If not, maybe Fable or Dragon Age, because there's so many options.

For me, I would choose the latest iteration of FIFA. I have invested more hours in this series than any other. This decision was made even easier when taking into consideration that sports games and open-world games have great replay value which is perfect for when stranded on a Desert Island.

I was considering picking a sports game also (NHL for me), but the only "issue" is that you can't play online which is what makes these types of games so re-playable. That being said, they usually have so many modes offline that you'd be set for hundreds of hours I'm sure.

Reactions: dillinger10
I was considering picking a sports game also (NHL for me), but the only "issue" is that you can't play online which is what makes these types of games so re-playable. That being said, they usually have so many modes offline that you'd be set for hundreds of hours I'm sure.
That is a great point regarding no online play. This would be a negative, although hopefully this mythical desert island has wifi which would allow us to circumvent this problem. :)

Offline modes would certainly keep me entertained for a while, and the fact that no two games are ever the same would keep the replay factor high, but there is something extra fun about beating someone else as opposed to the AI.

Pokemon without a doubt and I mean all the Pokemon games including the 1st generation ones, the universe is vast! I could catch Pokemons all day and I wouldn't mind. There are a lot of characters you can interact with, a lot of maps with caves, open seas and forests. Also, it's a classic, it's cute in it's own right but it doesn't exclude anyone (not by race, gender or class) such that the target audience of it's initial marketing was to all audiences. If you look at Pokemon from a socio-political perspective with a cross for real life integration-- it's a world that could very well be plausible in an alternate universe with animal mutations and experiments these days. In conclusion Pokemon is cool and I'm addicted.

Assuming that I have internet connection, I would choose Counter Strike Global Offence. I like playing a game for a while, and when I get bored of it I will move on to a new game and give up my old game. CSGO is the only game of mine that I can replay over and over. That is why I would bring CSGO, because it is the only game I would probably not get bored of if I had to play it for a long time.

If I were stuck in an island with only one videogame, I'd stick with the original Megaman. I've always loved this game. Hopefully, the rescue team will arrive just in time before I waste Doctor Wiley. Truth be told, I have never gotten past Fireman in that game, but if I was stuck in a tiny island, I'd probably have all the time I needed to finish the entire game.

Oh, that's actually a pretty difficult question as I have got a lot of favorite games to play. Well, it's going to be a battle between Plants vs. Zombies, The Sims, and The Scruffs. I guess I'm going with The Sims. :)

Wow that's hard! I'd have to say Fallout New Vegas though! That's the best.

Pokemon without a doubt and I mean all the Pokemon games including the 1st generation ones, the universe is vast! I could catch Pokemons all day and I wouldn't mind. There are a lot of characters you can interact with, a lot of maps with caves, open seas and forests. Also, it's a classic, it's cute in it's own right but it doesn't exclude anyone (not by race, gender or class) such that the target audience of it's initial marketing was to all audiences. If you look at Pokemon from a socio-political perspective with a cross for real life integration-- it's a world that could very well be plausible in an alternate universe with animal mutations and experiments these days. In conclusion Pokemon is cool and I'm addicted.
Pokemon will be an ideal game there will be no moment for dullness.one will play away mindlessly and never tired.But this scenario will be a very good adventure, couple with having your favourite game with you.

I would probably play Pokemon. I would do my best to collect as many Pokemon as possible. And with so much time, I'm sure you'll be able to capture shiny Pokemon there. It's just one of those games that can be played many times until you perfect it. :)

It would be Candy Crush. This is the game that I am addicted to. The colorful candies and great music will keep me alive.

I would say Candy Crush and Car racing games. I like the adventure and twist of these games. I only have to do little efforts on it. It's a light game and very pleasing. I can play it alone all day. Love it.

If i was stranded on a desserted island with one game i wouldn’t survive with nba2k cause of the rage hahaha,p but i would say the game i would pkay on a desserted island is gtaV. It’s a game that you wouldn’t get bored cause you can do whatever you like and it’s an open world you can visit anywhere. With so many missions to do and crazy antics to pull off this game would keep me entertained until some ship rescues me.

Oh man, given that there isn’t any internet connection, this makes this choice way harder. I was going to go with World of Warcraft since that game takes so much grinding, but without an internet connection, any MMORPGs go right out the window.

In any case, I suppose I would still go with some type of RPG, since being able to play different classes can add a lot of variety for multiple playthroughs. I think I’d probably choose one of the Elder Scrolls games, like Skyrim or Oblivion. I’ve been playing both for years and still haven’t gotten bored, so I assume they’d help me through a deserted island scenario as well.

If you were stranded on a deserted island with only one video game to play, what would it be? We're assuming the gaming console needed and electricity are available, but you do not have internet connection or any means to communicate with the rest of the world. Which game would you choose?

I would choose Sims 3 for PC. There are so many scenarios you could set up that it would not necessarily feel like playing the same game over and over again.
I will play Farmville 2. I love farming game very much.