Still Playing PS2?

I still have my PS2 after 13 years and its the fat edition. When I'm not on my PS3, I like to play with my PS2 especially since I am now going to college and whenever I bring in my PS2 everyone goes crazy! :p The Playstation 2 still has many great games that keep me coming back to play them such as Dark Cloud, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, Wild Arms 3, the Ratchet and Clank Series, the Sly Cooper Series, the God of War Series and much more. One of the things the PS2 did right was how much content they could fit into one disc compared to games today with their DLC. I'll happily play the PS2 anyday.

I have two bricked PS2s that'll no longer read PS2 games but my PS3 is an older backwards compatible model. Less then a month ago I decided I wanted to play some Atelier games so I decided to start with the earlier ones and play upwards, so I think Atelier Iris is the most recent thing I've played for the PS2. I also used to pop in Metal Gear 2 or 3 for a nostalgia trip now and again but I picked up the Vita remake so that hasn't been a thing as of late.

I've always been as much of a collector as I am a gamer but time has been more limited for me as of late so I'm usually always playing something years and years old to catch up or check out things I missed rather then staying up to date with the new, and that generally means firing up a "new" PS2 game from time to time. Ain't nobody got time for a 60$ price tag on a new game!

I still play the PS2 from time to time because it was the best console of its generation for a reason. There's tons of games that I haven't played completely through yet and also there's tons of titles that I enjoy replaying. Then there's the nostalgia factor added to it.

I don't have that many games in PS3 so I do play PS2 more often than not. I know I can play PS3 games in it, yeah? But just like when I played PS1 games on the PS2 console, the differences I can see in the graphics is kind of annoying me. Normally, I don't care much for those things but I can't get over them somehow.

Until a friend bought me the ICO + SoTC PS3 pack, I played the games in PS2. Also persona games and ever since my PS1 went kaput, old games like Final Fantasy and Suikoden. Not as much lately though but that's because of time constraints, not the console (or game) itself.

It has been a while since I last fired up my PS2. It's collecting dust right now. I do go back from time to time to replay the Onimusha series. I am surprised there was never a HD collection released on the PS3.

Yep, I'm still playing a lot of PS2, especially when friends are over. Very fun to play old racing or fighting games on it.

Recently bought some classic RPGs like FFX and SMT to replay them.

The PS2 was my first console and it's still working as well as it did on the day I got it. I still like to play on it when I'm feeling nostalgic as there are some great games on PS2. I'm currently playing through Red Faction 2 and Soulcalibur 2. In my opinion, Soulcalibur 2 is as good as the current fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Tekken, the combat system is just perfect in my opinion. It would be so much easier if the PS3 had backwards compatibility with PS2 games though.

There were so many great games on the PS2. I still play some for sure. I'm playing Final Fantasy eight currently. Have never got round to completing it so maybe this time I'll get round to it. There are too many great games to play. It would be a shame to forget about it!

It's crazy that the PS2 is still so popular so many years later! There's some amazing games on it and the ones I keep coming back to are the Kingdom Hearts series and Final Fantasy X, X-2 and XII. A lot of these games are being remastered or remade at this point so I'm not having to bring out the PS2 so much lately, but occasionally it's still a fun nostalgia trip!

I've got a problem: I WANT to play with my PS2, but I can't. I can't since I saw PCSX2 running on my PC, upscaling all games to 1080p, running most of them almost-fine. It's just a better experience to the "pure" PS2, so if you can run your games through your PC and this emulator, it's worth it. And that's my problem: I don't play the huge collection I've got 'cause I always say "gee, I should convert the DVD to an ISO to play it on my PC, not on my PS2"... but never find the time for it. I've got a huge backlog of games I want to play, but just can't, 'cause of this damn "nah, it ain't worth it playing them low-res on my TV if I can play them better" that's stuck in my head... :-D

Halp!

But, yeah, although not as much as I did years ago (when... er... I wasn't married :-D ), I still play sometimes on my PS2. It's got the best frickin collection of every title ever released, with thousands upon thousands of titles! If anyone's not demanding the best graphics and sound, and can stand its low "standard CRT" resolution and mostly-stereo sound (5.1/Dolby was only supported on game videos/cutscenes and SOME games like MGS2 that did some smart tricks with its hardware), it's got a lot to offer. More than any other console to date.

I really don't play my PS2 anymore. I plugged it in once because I was bored and it hurt my eyes a little bit. I do think that PS2 had some great games though.

I still have the PS2 as well. The graphics are soo bad so its hard to even look at it. My kids don't fuss too much about graphics so they love to play it. The PS2 was great during its time.

I still play every one in a while. I will usually play when I have friends over, or I am really bored. I generally play the newer consoles but I have not forgotten about the PS2 just yet.