Still Playing PS2?

SquallSnake7

Editor in Chief
Jun 23, 2005
IL
Lots of people still must be playing their PS2's even though the next gens have been out for quite a while now. But you know a system is dead when they do not make a Madden for it anymore.

The next is about to being. Who will be picking up the system on Day1? Or, are you waiting for Xbox One?

As long as the various iterations of Final Fantasy can be played, the system they are played on is insignificant. lol

I still have my PS2 but it hasn't been hooked up in years; I game almost exclusively on PC now. It's a shame PS3 doesn't have backwards compatibility; I'd love to fire up Metal Gear Solid again.

I haven't played my PS2 in years. I know it still works. My collection of games is in good condition as well. I'd play it more if I hadn't already beaten literally every game I own for it. But if I ever decide to fish around amazon and ebay for more games for it, of course I'd play it. Unfortunately, many of those games are rare and fairly expensive now with them being out of production and all.

Good times on that thing. Sadly, it broke about a year ago, but I'm thinking about getting a PS2 slim. It's always fun to play on that thing. The first few Red Factions were and still are great.

I haven't played my PS2 in years. I know it still works. My collection of games is in good condition as well. I'd play it more if I hadn't already beaten literally every game I own for it. But if I ever decide to fish around amazon and ebay for more games for it, of course I'd play it. Unfortunately, many of those games are rare and fairly expensive now with them being out of production and all.

Wow, wish I hadn't gave away all my games.

I still pull out my PS2 sometimes, I can't help it. With series like GTA, Resident Evil, MGS, Final Fantasy, Silent Hill, and a ton of others, I'll never give up on my PS2. It may be considered dead to some, but it's still my favorite system to pull out.

Quite regularly, yes. Not every day, but quite regularly. Silent Hill 2 is the game I play on it mostly, since it's a family owned device and most of the other games are for younger kids.

I don't anymore but that's more because I have since lost my console. If I still had it I surely would still keep playing it because it is one of my most favorite consoles off all time. I even plan on buying another one soon just so I could replay my favorite old games.

I still have a severe addiction to my Ps2 games like Okage: Shadow King and Xenosaga. Unless the PS4 can also play Ps2 games then I have no intention of selling my console or curbing the addiction of booting up a console that's almost half as old as I am.

I think ever since I bought a PS3, I stopped actually playing on my PS2. I still do play games occasionally. I had a backwards compatible PS3, so I continued to play on it for a while. Unfortunately it died on me about a year ago, but now I'm at the point where I have enough to play on my PS3 that I don't really take the time to play PS2 games. The only PS2 game that I would still enjoy playing is Culdcept. There is a 360 version which is better, I just don't have a 360 and I'm not sure I'm interested in buying one mainly for Culdcept. I realize the 360 is a fantastic system and has much more than just Culdcept, but, like I said, I have plenty to play on my PS3 that I'm okay without another system for a while.

I don't play mine anymore. Since they quit coming out with new games it's been pretty much collecting dust. I would like to sell it but I doubt it would go for more than 20 or 40 bucks at this point because it's so out of date. Have a lot of good memories playing it though. Those are priceless. Wouldn't be opposed to going back in playing it if I didn't love my new Playstation 4 so much. It's quite a difference in quality.

Yeah I still got one, and I play mostly Survival horror games and Metal gear solid 2 and 3.

I still play on my PS2. When I just want to be able to enjoy the old games I loved from one of the previous gens because it has a place in my heart. Also, it was a lot more thought out in its backward compatibility Where as with the PS3, if you got the beginner one, it was overpriced and was more likely to do die on you because it couldn't handle doing that for all three systems.

Every now and then you have to break out the PS2. Mainly to play the best Dragon Ball Z game of all time. Those games kind of peaked with Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Everything else has either been a constant downward slope with a few upswings here or there.

Reactions: JayWifi