Steam

TheArticulate

Registered
Feb 22, 2018
Anymore, I think it's a necessity for PC gamers to have Steam profiles. One of the things that blew me away about the gaming community on PC was how affordable the games were. It seems like Steam runs sales at any opportunity they can. Winter, summer, autumn, weekend sales, etc. And it's not odd for games go as much as 90% off during these times as well.

On one hand, I appreciate how affordable the games are, but on the other, I find myself purchasing games while they're on sale and then not playing them. I don't know how many games I have in my Steam library that I purchased during a sale, with every intention of playing them, only to have them sit there untouched for years on end.

So what about you? How active are you in the Steam community, and how often do you take advantage of the various sales they put on?

I no longer buy during sales in Steam, as I fear that I no longer have enough time to play everything nowadays. I only settle for the free-to-play titles available in their library. I don't buy because whenever I spend money on a game, I have this strong urge to play it so that I'll feel that I haven't wasted my money, even if I don't have time to play, which in turn affects my scheduled activities.

I no longer buy during sales in Steam, as I fear that I no longer have enough time to play everything nowadays. I only settle for the free-to-play titles available in their library. I don't buy because whenever I spend money on a game, I have this strong urge to play it so that I'll feel that I haven't wasted my money, even if I don't have time to play, which in turn affects my scheduled activities.
I'm the same way. I used to monitor Steam sales like a hawk when I still in college. I have so many games I've accumulated since then that I haven't even played yet, so I'm in the same boat as you.

They do a good job at drawing you in because you can get trading cards for voting on titles and even buying games, and then turn those cards into limited time "badges" for your Steam profile. If anything, I'll still try and get the badges from each sale just for the hell of it.

I have a couple of games at steam but most of them are free to play games, i had purchased some games but most of them are for my kids. Its good the steam have a good system that protects players. Also they have good game reviews that makes it more enticing and at the same time informative.