Sports Games?

Waynefire

Registered
Feb 14, 2015
What sports games do you like playing on your console? I know that for me I really like to play Madden, but with the recent updates the Madden games have been losing connection with what I love and that is the dynasty features. Favorite sports games everyone?

I'm a massive football (soccer) fan and recently I've switched over from the Fifa series to their competitors PES who have finally upped their game. Fifa used to really frustrate me and all EA Sports seem to care about is mooney so I'm glad I switched to PES where Konami actually listen and care for their customers. Only annoying thing is all my friends are still Fifa fanboys so I'm left playing PES by myself :(

I play a bit of Madden and a bit of the NHL series. NHL series threw out a really lackluster game this year and removed a lot of features as compared to the last game in the series that I played. Unless they get their act together I won't be getting next years version.

I used to play a lot of NHL Eastside Hockey Manager but its been ages since they released a new version of that and I'm not sure it even works anymore.

My two favorite sports games are Fifa and MLB: The Show. Fifa is my all time favorite game and MLB: The Show was the reason why I purchased a PS2 and the reason why I continue to buy Playstation consoles. MLB: The Show does a great job of offering fresh perspective and ideas each year whereas NHL and Madden often times just recycle the same game just with updated rosters.

One sports game that I really like to play has to be the 2k series. I honestly think that those are the best sports basketball games that I have ever had the opportunity to play.

One sports game that I really like to play has to be the 2k series. I honestly think that those are the best sports basketball games that I have ever had the opportunity to play.
I agree, I have long been a fan of the 2k basketball series and they have consistently put out far better basketball games than EA although I was kind of disappointed with NBA 2k15 which I felt wasn't much of an upgrade over last years game and came out of the box with numerous glitches and bugs.

Favorite sports game of mine are NBA 2K series and Virtual Tennis. These are my favorite sports in real life and playing them in video games is also fine by me, especially how realistic they have made the players and the plays. NBA 2K is more realistic than its counter-part NBA Live. Plays can be drawn and the ratings of players are pretty accurate. The MyPlayer option is also a plus for me because I want to make my own player which I base from myself. Virtual Tennis is straight forward and the players are updated. I like how each player has a play description, like how one is a fast runner or the other has a strong forehand which is really evident when the game starts.

Tennis games have typically fared well on consoles through the years and there have been a number of really good ones too. My own favorite tennis game was Tennis 2k2 for the Dreamcast. To me, that was the gold standard. Sadly, there have been fewer and fewer tennis games in recent years, Grand Slam Tennis 2 was kind of a mixed bag for me.

Madden, FIFA, and NBA are what I play most frequently. I've dabbled in Hockey which I didn't like, and other sports, but never too seriously.

I'm not sure how you'd classify this one, but I'm a huge fan of skateboarding games! It's pretty well known and actually brings in a lot of revenue! I'm sure you could lump it into the category of sporting?

I was recently surfing the net and it came up that Tony Hawk and his team have a new skater game in the pipelines! I'm actually really excited to see what they can do with the PS4! My favorite skating game was Tony Hawk's Underground 2. The cameos were the best and the character customization was great for the PS2. It was a little ahead of it's time.

I'm not sure how you'd classify this one, but I'm a huge fan of skateboarding games! It's pretty well known and actually brings in a lot of revenue! I'm sure you could lump it into the category of sporting?

I was recently surfing the net and it came up that Tony Hawk and his team have a new skater game in the pipelines! I'm actually really excited to see what they can do with the PS4! My favorite skating game was Tony Hawk's Underground 2. The cameos were the best and the character customization was great for the PS2. It was a little ahead of it's time.
Firstly, nice avatar! Secondly, I too am a fan of skateboarding games and am looking forward to the new Tony Hawk game scheduled for release later this year. In fact, Hawk himself confirmed on twitter just the other day that things are still on course for a 2015 release.

Reactions: MachoMan
Madden is always number one in our household. I also like playing NBA 2K15. I am sure most people like these two games. They are very popular and a lot of fun to play.

My brother and I love playing the NBA 2k series but recently the 2k15 edition was not that well-made. The 2k15 was pretty much the same as the past one except for the updated roster. I guess this is one of the main problems when it comes to buying new sports video games.

I don't like sports games but my friends love playing FIFA. I never got the hang of it and I'm sure my friends find it frustrating whenever they force me to play and I just end up not doing much, but whenever they play it I do see what makes it so entertaining. I'd also recommend Fight Night as the latest one was really well made.

I’m not to big on sports games, but I do love old sports games on Nintendo and Sega I don’t know why I guess they seem more like games to me.

I'm a sports fan in general and I do like the sports games. I play a lot of Madden. I also play MLB The Show, NBA 2K, NHL, and NCAA Football. Every now and then I'll even pull out The Fight (big Danny Trejo fan), and Tiger Woods.

Are you as sad as I am about no NCAA Football games in the near future? While I enjoy the Madden games and usually end up caving and purchasing a copy each year, they paled in comparison to the NCAA franchise, IMO.

Personally I think the next gen consoles need a decent boxing game, and i don't mean MMA, I mean real boxing, similar to the EA sports fight night series. Surely there must be a call for this kind of game?
Other than that the only other sports game I play is FIFA15.

Personally I think the next gen consoles need a decent boxing game, and i don't mean MMA, I mean real boxing, similar to the EA sports fight night series. Surely there must be a call for this kind of game?
Other than that the only other sports game I play is FIFA15.
I agree with you. I was always a fan of the Fight Night series and thought Fight Night Champion, the last Fight Night game released, was a really strong game. Sadly, it appears as though EA has scrapped the Fight Night series in order to spend time on developing UFC games. The one slight hope, for me, is that EA Sports head Andrew Wilson did confirm in an interview last year that he would expect Fight Night to be released on next gen consoles at some point in the future.

MLB The Show might be one of the best sports franchises Ives ever played. It's a Playstation exclusive and it's pretty much the only baseball game on the market for the past few years. If you want to play baseball this is basically what you need to have. And it's not like they are forcing you to buy a subpar product. This game delivers every year. The graphics and play systems are always drastically overhauled. The cool thing they implemented for this years version is the ability to import your crate a player to the next years game when it comes out. I think that is phenomenal and really hope other sports games franchise take notice. Ahem *madden*. But really, I love MLB The Show. The Road To the Show mode is one of the most fun season modes for sports ever.