Splinter Cell: Double Agent

spudlyff8fan

Super Senior Staff
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
somewhere
I can't help but notice that nobody is talking about this one. Double Agent breaks alot of ground that sets it well apart from Chaos Theory.

It has some new moves, the main one being swimming. The cool one being swimming underneath somebody standing on ice, punching through the surface, pulling him under and stabbing him in the chest.

Only complaint is how they hyped up the being in prison part, even though it was just one level. Seriously, fighting through a prison riot with a shiv and salt rifle is one of the best ideas they've had in Splinter Cell. They could've done more with it.

I'm also kinda suprised noone talks about it, it looks great, and I've wanted it since it was first announced.
Ironically I still dont have it yet, but I should be getting it soon, as in 1-2 weeks.

Also, how are the JBA base levels?

Difficult and modestly tedious.

Sam is torn between two groups, the NSA and JBA. Both groups give you conflicting objectives in that level, so if you're seen by the JBA doing an NSA objective, it's an auto-fail. Not to mention the fact that there's a time limit. Oh, and you can't run.

Regardless, Double Agent is one of the best 360 games around.

my brother has bought the game, but i still have yet to play it, from what i seen its pretty tight, bought i stil want to beat other games before i play this.

Dude I burned that game when it came out 3 days I was done with it. It was good and I liked it a lot. And I never really played SC games I thought MG was better. The Ice trick that you said Spud was freaking great. I also liked the JBA and NSA mission objectives you had to do between missions. I almost completed them all but didn't get enough dirt on the JBA so I did not get that achivment. I do plan on picking this back up when the price drops down, and GS has another buy 2 used get one free.

Lets see 3 days, non stop about 30 give or take. I could've had less but I wanted to perfect almost every mission by not being caught. So I resarted over and over again. Did you beat it yet.

Has anyone heard about Cipher Complex? It seems like it's along the same lines as a game like Splinter Cell, but I've only heard rumors.

Never heard of it.

On another note, I just did another one of those JBA Base undercover missions...

AND SAM CAN GET SOME!

spudlyff8fan said:
AND SAM CAN GET SOME!

Please clear that up before I make a very gay comment to you.

I wont say no more on the game until you beat it.

And I heard of that game Jonas, I did not read on it but I saw screens somewhere if I find them i'll post them.

Just got this game today. Only had time to do the two training levels though. Looks great so far.
Oh and took me a while to understand what the hell I was supposed to do when hacking. They should have kept the hacking system from Chaos Theory...

so its a good one huh.... yea i have been way to busy to start a new game until i finish my list...... but i must play it and watch Sam break threw ice and kill someone.

I been playing Zelda,Red Steel, and Gears of War like none stop so i didn't have time to play the new Splinter Cell. But if it good like everyone says I'll pick it up.

I'm on the second JBA base level. The Okhtosk level was ok, but different, mainly because of the lack of hiding places. The Shanghai level was great though.

Yeah, the levels in DA are far more diverse than in previous SCs. I personally like the ship level (you'll come up on that sooner or later).