Spiderman 3 Trailer..........nuff Said

I'm just worried, though. Cuz they have the symbiote...but what if the movie focuses on Parker having it, and all that crap, rather than Venom and him just beating eachother's asses? Specially since they show a Goblin in it :-|

Last edited:
Being that I'm totaly geeking over this movie. Sidebar: it messed up my Superman movie, because I only thought about Spiderman.

Anyway, I can't say for sure being as tho Sam really want to do Spaiderman 4, 5, 6. They may hold off for the next 3 fils. Sam has bee in talks with both Marvel and Sony on more movies but nothing is set. The movies have done very well so I don't see why they would not make them. Only problem is Sam would take a break and not come back to making them untill 2010 with a hole new cast. Which I don't mind but that wait will kill me. But if 3 does better than any one thinks the may just go into production of 4.

Plus We may not see Venom in the move per-say. But I do think we may catch a glimps of him. So far these 3 movie have been about Peter and the Goblin story arch. Ending it with Gewn Stacy and Harry fits right. But by adding The Venom story arch to set up for more movies is a wonderful idea. But we will see Spidey kick major ass in this movie.

By the way Sandman may be a suck villian but the visual effects between him a Spidy will look great.

But question. Why can't we see the movie now? What will be the role of Gwen Stacy? What will happen between Pete and MJ? Will there be a Spiderman 4? How will Venom look, is he in the movie? What will be the origin of the suite? Will take a part of the Ultimate story line and have it be a created suite? Or will they use the JJ space story by the suite coming from the moon? Why am I geeking so hard?

YES!!:highfive: Thats all i said when i saw the teaser. Finally symbiote Spider-man!!:hyper: i loved the symbiote Spidey cuz: #1 the suit was one of the best costume i've ever seen for a super hero, #2 he can ooze in and out of his new kool Spidey suit, and #3 it eventually just about brought the greatest/koolest villian spidey-man has even faced.

Personally I think Spider-man 3 will follow the symbiote/vemon story line from the comics, simple cuz the already have John Jameson and in the teaser they show symbiote Spidey at the bell tower ripping the symbiote off of himself. But sadly i believe the would happen at the end of the movie,just to have the nice cliff-hanger to keep fan wanting more for the sequels, maybe ending with a glimpse of Vemon. Oh yeah, Topher Grace is a perfect first stage Eddie Brock. Eddie Brock was a skinny guy before Peter, unintentionally, got Eddie fired.:weightlif

The fact that they're introducing Gwen Stacy NOW!! is ludicrous. Parker and MJ are way to intimate. Its to late to put her in the mix. She was Peter's first love. She and peter had a thing way before Mary Jane were in their serious stage in their relationship. And if Gwen Stacy and The Green Goblin are together then that only means one thing ... Gwen Stacy will die at the hands of The Green Goblin, but then they'll have to show Spidey kicking the crap outta gobby (contemplating on weather to kill him or not... has to be a extra kool scene). This Puts our fav. hero an enormous stage of depression becuz he blames himself for her death. Should've been in the first flim cuz in this fight it's when gobby impales himself with his glider trying to kill Spidey. The Green Goblin was Norman Osborn not Harry Osborn, at the time. :glasses-s

I have no clues to how Sam Raimi gonna fit these two story lines together and then add another one with Sandman. I Don't Know how , but I do know one thing, if they pull it out and good it'll surpass the first 2 flims... And thats a huge leap.

P.S. The Symbiote Spider-man emblem look HOT!!!
And Yes I've been geeking for this movie ever since I've read the comics...

Last edited:
Don't forget the original storyline for the symbiot. Didn't Spidey go into space, help save some alien lives and was gifted the suit? I believe that's how it originally went.

bounce ... bounce ... bounce ...

I don't think we'll see Venom in this film, except maybe very briefly at the end, a la X2's glimpse of Phoenix. (Speaking of which, I'm glan Bryan Singer did Superman, but I wish he'd found it in his heart to direct X3 as well, but not if Superman Returns would have suffered (haven't seen it yet).)

I think the story is going to be extremely rich in Spider-man 3. They have to deal with Sandman, Goblin (is this technically Hob-Goblin, cause it's Harry? I'm confused on this point...) and setting up the Venom story. I'm a little concerned that the story is too rich, actually. I hope they don't glaze over any of it due to time constraints.

Also - I'm worried about Topher Grace as Venom. How are they going to beef him up? Brock may have started out skinny, but he get's huge. If they give the suit some sort of "Embiggening" feature, that will be stupid, cause it didn't do it to Spidey, as we can see in the trailer.

Actually, the Hobgoblin was a crook that found the stuff. The Green Goblin 2 should be what Harry becomes.

Venom has had several different looks in the books, so making him less than huge is fine by me.

From what I understand, it's going to be Harry that uses Oscorps to bring forth the symbiot (somehow) AND to transform a father who needs money into the Sandman. His initial goal is to destroy Spiderman, but I foresee him actually coming to Spidey's aid before the movie ends. Fitting in Gwen Stacy should be interesting (and it's rumored that a love interest in JJJ's secretary Betty, which happened in the books, makes it into the movie). It may turn out that it's MJ that doesn't have enough time for Petey which leaves an opening for Gwen.

Gwen's father dies due to a fight where Spidey was trying to save the day and didn't, so she hates Spiderman while lovin' it up on Petey (in the books).

I wouldn't be surprised if ol' Harry ends up on the wrong side of the grass by the end of the movie.

Harry's prolly gonna be the Goblin 2, as ya said. But I see things playing out like in the comics, with Gwen and Pete loving it up, then Harry swooping in and killing him old-school.

I thnk by addding Gewn is a great idea only because Pete needs a change from the MJ scene. Pete an MJ never really found that happy factor and there is always the second or love triangle that gose on. Right after 2, Sam went into production for stroy and all for 3. Do you remember the rumors that the Black Cat was gonna be in 3? I sure do, Sam wanted to spice things up in the MJ world so we could see that confortation in himslef as to what he wants. Each movie has it's theme. The last movie was about finding himslef as Spiderman, why does he need to be spiderman. This is about the darkerside of that. He now has everything he wanted. The girl of his dreams, the responsablity of spirderman dose not weigh in on him. Everything is perfect, but all good things come to and end and nothing good last forever.

Yea gwen will probably die in the movie which in turns fules Pete's hate, ( black suit made him go crazy, kill his best friend, lose the suit ). Sandman is the arch villian. He will be used to set up the symbiote story. Kinda how in the cartoon version of Spiderman ( the 90's ) We saw Teh Rhino and Shocker. But I hardly dobut they will use anything space in spiderman 3. IT just does not hold well in the movie relm.

I think just maybe that...................The suit or symbiote was made to help cure cancer Harry help funded this research. For all reasons or what not Sandman needs a reason to get this cure ( he is to have a wife and or child in the movie) Spiderman comes to stop him, Bang he gets the suit. Then the all out Harry vs. Pete begins. Meanwhile, Pete is changing he is drifting away from MJ Gwen messe with that. Eddie was fired Because Pete is doing such a great Job, Spidy screws over Eddie. All of the hate and betral and lies is due to the suit. Which I think he will sport in most of the movie. By the end we see the clasic bell tower scene adn A small glips of Venom of or sound maybe a shadow.

Thats how I would do it, and being that Sam has done a good job with 1 and 2 I think this one will hold fine, Also Chris Nolan ( Batman Begins ) shows that puttin to villians in a movie can work well and still have a comic esque feel to it.

I don't think they can make the Green Goblin the ultimate focus for the movie. Sandman is just a thug, so someone will be pulling his strings (Harry). In the stories, Eddie came out with a blockbuster story and was then fired when Spidey proved him false and Peter Parker was the one delivering the story. Thus he was fired, went to kill himself and found the suit. Then he blamed Petey/Spidey and because of the suit he knew they were one in the same.

Yeah, Spiderman 4 will probably feature full-blown Venom vs. Spidey action. I just want to see some cliff hangers with Carnage...

Darth_Jonas said:
I don't think they can make the Green Goblin the ultimate focus for the movie. Sandman is just a thug, so someone will be pulling his strings (Harry). In the stories, Eddie came out with a blockbuster story and was then fired when Spidey proved him false and Peter Parker was the one delivering the story. Thus he was fired, went to kill himself and found the suit. Then he blamed Petey/Spidey and because of the suit he knew they were one in the same.

He is already the focus of the Movie. The Goblin arch has been this trilogy's sub story. The first movie and second had to do with the bolin as a part of his life. The fact that Pete and Harry's friendship is going down. So by using the Goblin as a start and finish is great.

Now as far as Eddie goes in the comics yes, I know what you’re talking about. The cartoon followed that to a T. But do not forget in the Ultimate story line Eddie and Pete were friends, Both of there parents created the symbioite to cure cancer. Eddie’s father and Pete’s lost the suite for some reason or another. Both parents lost everything and the suit went somewhere. Being Eddie he wanted his fathers work, Spiderman come’s along and does what he does. By then we know the story. Still the fact remains that Eddie hate’s Spiderman and Pete. Being that Eddie worked for the Bugle in Spiderman 1 then I guess we will see the news line of Eddie Brock’s hatred. But the origin of the Suite is still a mystery to me. Will the go with the space origin or the other created origin. Sam has fused both The Original and Ultimate story in both movies. But who cares this wont suck like X-Men did.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
He is already the focus of the Movie. The Goblin arch has been this trilogy's sub story. The first movie and second had to do with the bolin as a part of his life. The fact that Pete and Harry's friendship is going down. So by using the Goblin as a start and finish is great.

Now as far as Eddie goes in the comics yes, I know what you’re talking about. The cartoon followed that to a T. But do not forget in the Ultimate story line Eddie and Pete were friends, Both of there parents created the symbioite to cure cancer. Eddie’s father and Pete’s lost the suite for some reason or another. Both parents lost everything and the suit went somewhere. Being Eddie he wanted his fathers work, Spiderman come’s along and does what he does. By then we know the story. Still the fact remains that Eddie hate’s Spiderman and Pete. Being that Eddie worked for the Bugle in Spiderman 1 then I guess we will see the news line of Eddie Brock’s hatred. But the origin of the Suite is still a mystery to me. Will the go with the space origin or the other created origin. Sam has fused both The Original and Ultimate story in both movies. But who cares this wont suck like X-Men did.

Of course Harry will be a villian, but the focus has always been on Peter and his growth as a character. Harry has grown as well, but in the wrong way. Now where do you go with that growth? Of course Harry has to become GG and try to kill or ruin Spidey. But if he figures out that Spidey is too much for him, he could enlist Sandman. Sandman won't be the main focus either. To me, Harry gets his revenge on Peter when he kills Gwen Stacy. We know they're thinking of more movies and what better way to set them up? It provides tension between Pete and MJ, it completely severs Pete and Harry. Of course her death could be an accident. We just don't know enough right now.

Basil, the suit is the black symbiot that bonds with Spiderman. When he rejects it for bringing out psychopathic urgings, he gets rid of it in a church bell tower. Eddie Brock had a story (I don't remember which one) that should have revived his failing career, but the story was false. Spidey found the real issue and Peter was there to turn in the photographic evidence. Eddie hates both of them, but falls into a depression. He goes to the church, seriously thinking about ending it all, and the rejected symbiot (whose feelings were hurt by Petey) senses that hate. The two bond in a mockery of Spiderman known as Venom and set about ruining his life. Oh, and Spider-senses don't work on him.

Here's a twist: Let's say Harry is set on ruining Pete. But then another villain shows up knowing the secret identity (Venom). Maybe Venom takes it too far by killing Gwen or threatening MJ or whatever. If Spiderman gets pinned down by Sandman and Venom, Harry could have pity and save his old buddy.