slammed doors

Things are... interesting. i've been substitute teaching for about 6 weeks now and if I get some more internet time, I'm going to start a thread telling my fascinating tales and asking for others. I had originally planned to stay away from the Kentucky school system. It sucks overall and needs serious renovation to bring it up to this century's standards. However, I'm being drawn more and more to reclaiming my teaching role. Some problems are obstructing me, but doors are opening that are allowing me to pursue it step-by-step. One problem is that I will have to simultaneously go for my Masters Degree. To get that, I have to pass the GRE. If you want to feel either really smart or really stupid, look it up and take the practice questions. I fell into that latter category. I have got to take (and pass) the GRE and get accepted into the program before April 15th. Which means I have to take the test within the next week or so.

Overall, all the bills are paid up, the pregnancy is going well, and I'm busier than a fat man at a buffet at closing time.

thank u for informing everyone how bad our state sucks, and i am yet to have u as a sub, all my friends have had u already, but back to doors. at my school if i shut a door hard, then grab it before it ever makes contact with the frame and lightly shut it still makes a loud slamming noise, so id hate to hear what it would sound like if someone actually slammed one of them, i wouldnt be able to hear for a day

Well, the next step has been taken. I'm scheduled to take the GRE test next Friday (3/23). It will take 4 hours to complete. If that goes well, then I can apply for the masters program at EKU. A whole lot of if's, but one step at a time.

More updates. I took the GRE last Friday. I scored a 500 on the verbal (slightly above average) and a 600 on the quantative (the math part. That's well above average). Tomorrow, I'm going to track down the lady at EKU to get into their grad school.

On a different note: We just found out this morning that I'm going to have a son in August!