Silent Hills

kaizen

Registered
Feb 7, 2015
Silent Hills got some great hype this past summer and P.T was a pretty amazing teaser for the game. Anyone else excited for its release (hopefully) later this year?

Do you guys think it will live up to its hype? I'm really hopeful the game turns out well and gives us another good addition to the series. I'm also hoping that the full game is set in the first-person style that P.T was.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Cmok
I haven't played it but I've watched a lot of gameplay videos and full let's plays. I'm pretty excited to see what Kojima will do with the series as the last few titles have deviated from the core game and became more action oriented. Silent Hill as series was, in my opinion, gonna hit a wall if something radical didn't change and my guess is that's why they brought in Kojima and Guillermo. Also I'm interested to see how well does Kojima do when doing something else other than MGS.

I actually do not want to play anything Silent Hill related just because those games scare the shizznit outta me.

Haha fair enough! Horror games aren't for everyone, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't lose a few nights sleep here or there from playing some of them! And if Silent Hills is anything like P.T... it's going to be pretty damn scary.

I'm not really too big of a fan of playing this series but I do love watching people play it. I get way more into the atmosphere when I'm not trying to concentrate on finding clues and chasing monsters. I think the games always bring something new so I'm definitely watching out for the next one.

I'm highly anticipating it, and I do hope it does live up to the hype it has been going on after it. Even though is just a playable teaser, P.T shows they can get really creative in the way they approach horror. I feel its been long overdue since SH deserved something like this. And I hope they don't hold back on it. There's ways you can captivate the player within the horrific world, and P.T had plenty of that. Shock, cryptic messages, really good atmosphere, etc.

If they can capture that regardless of the point of view and camera work, SHs could be something amazing. So I'm just hoping it does well and I'm really looking forward to play the hell out of it.

I have enjoyed playing the game, and it is more horror themed where you are alone and trying to find your way around and don't know what will happen and who is with you and who is not. The graphics are more improved and also the camera does well and can set it so it aims in the right place when you need too. I wander what future games will bring from the series and hope it improves and also we can understand the silent hill game world more better and a good story should be put in.

The P.T Trailer was pretty intense if I'm honest. It was almost too scary for me. I did have trouble trying to figure out what the hell I was doing, which I'm hoping the full game won't do to me. Other than that, I like to look of it, I'm digging the hype and build of the game. I'm excited to get it, put on some headphones and try not to cry!

I personally think that this one is going to be a stellar. After all, there are two legends behind this game who are quite dedicated to their jobs. How could things go wrong from here?

I'm expecting great things from Silent Hills, and I love the addition of Norman Reedus. The game should be nothing short of great, although i'm not sure if it can't stand up to some of the best Silent Hill games from years ago. We'll see!

My husband and I watched the little trailer they had like a few days ago and I want to play it. I am excited to see what is going to happen and how long it is. I played P.T and can't wait for the game to be released. I know that it may scare the gee bees out of me though haha, because the other ones did and I still play them on my old psp. I hope that it lives up to the hype, but you never know. I am really hoping this game does well. Norman is in this too? Which is going to be cool. I hope. :)

Having played a few silent hill games in the past and being pleasantly surprised, I AM expecting big things from this series on the next gen systems.
I just hope the game developers concentrate on the gameplay and mechanics of the game, and don't just make it look pretty. I'm quite happy to wait a little longer for the game as long as they get it right.