Rock Band

I dunno, but you're gonna need to invest a massive amount of money in it anyway. I mean, it calls for a guitar, bass, mic and drumset, doesn't it?

No, but the real freaking travesty here is that you possibly won't be able to pick up the game with a single instrument, you seem to have to shell out $170 for the whole freaking set!

Just in case anyone else was wondering the same thing, the latest issue of either EGM or OXM says that GH controllers can be used with RB. I don't know if RB's controller can be use with GH though.

GH controllers can be used with Rock Band, but Rock Band controllers cannot be used with Guitar Hero.

If you are thinking about picking up just a game you can also do that, but remember that the cheapest way to get everything, by far, is to buy the bundle. The bundle only comes with one Guitar, so if you ever have a bunch of friends come over only you would have enough.

Also if you are looking for the Guitar playing aspect of Rock Band only, stay with Guitar Hero 3, because that was designed just for that. Rock Band is designed to have four friends playing at all times.

My plan is to pick up a bundle and make my friends pay for the intrusments. I would pay 60 for the game and we would split the 110 remaining three ways for the instruments.