Rhythm/Music Games?

kima

Registered
Dec 4, 2014
There are games that I just like to play when I'm having a party, or my friends are over. These are usually music video games like Rockband and Just Dance. In fact, I have a friend who has enjoyed these games so much that he bought the Wii just to play these type of games. I do enjoy playing these games whether it is alone or with friends. The songs are nice and it sort of feels like you're playing the real thing. It doesn't matter if you're a pro or not, but it feels like you're part of a rock band.
Just Dance is pretty fun too. It feels like you're getting a workout by doing the dance moves and you might look dumb, but it's a great way to relax.
Do you guys like to play games like Rockband, Guitar Hero, and Just Dance?

I don't like them that much, though Just Dance is really fun at parties with friends, like when celebrating Christmas or so, I prefer Mario Kart Wii over those games.

The thing is that I don't own these games myself so I might be more interested in them if I had any of these, though I don't have them and I don't feel the urge to buy them. Don't get me wrong, those are great games if you're into them, but I rather play a real instrument (like the piano) or do some real dancing (Melbourne or Hardstyle shuffle) instead of playing it on the Wii. Though if you can't play an instrument I can understand that you love games like Rock Band or Guitar Hero.

I really liked to play guitar hero. I really think that game was a lot of fun. I really do not like just dance that much though. I think it is alot of fun to play with your friends but when you are playing by yourself I do not think that you would have a lot of fun.

PaRapper the Rapper was one of my favorite game on the PS1. This was a great party game. My friends and I put in countless hours playing this for six months the solid. It's almost impossible to get the lyrics, "Kick, punch, it's all in the mind," out of your mind.

I still bust out DJ Hero from time to time (my preference is for DJ Hero 2). This was one of my greatest finds as I picked the game and turntable on cleaance for $5.

I really love the Guitar Hero series. I remember when me and my friend found out you could use the controller as well; we dubbed it Controller Hero. Then, Rockband came out and just changed EVERYTHING. There were only a few times I remember playing Rockband without a full band. I feel like these games were just a fad though, I haven't really seen any new ones in a couple of years.

I was so good at Guitar Hero 3 that I could expert most of the songs with the controller instead of the guitar. I never quite understood why that was. These types of games are all right. They're nothing special nowadays since so many similar options are available, but they're worth playing when you've got a group of friends over or you're at a party.

I really agree with all of you that these games are meant for parties. They can get really repetitive after a while and it's the people who make it fun. I'm sure it would be funner to play real instruments, but I feel like taking classes would be somewhat expensive and time consuming. I'm not really into commitments like going to piano class every Saturday morning, so just a quick game would be good enough for me :)

These types of games are fun in a group. I don't like playing these games alone. These are party games and allow you to have a good time with your friends.