Reversing the other thread: Game to movie/tv adaptations?

js85

Registered
Nov 6, 2014
What do you think about games being made into movies? I, surprisingly, loved the first Silent Hill movie. Resident Evil also comes to mind. Which videogame movies do you think actually worked well?

The two games you wrote above were good. I still think Mortal Kombat was a decent video game to movie adaptation, the effects were done well given the time period. I didn't like Lara Croft movies too much, but the games were a blast to play. Max Payne film was okay, but was missing the elements that made the game good to play. Prince of Persia: Sands of Time was watchable, but I would've used a different actor next time around, because Jake doesn't have that hero type look and he's not look Arabic.

There is a WoW movie coming out (eventually). I think it will be good. I'll go see it whether it's good or bad, because I've been a WoW for so long and have been waiting for the movie for so long.

Off the top of my head, here are game-based movies I enjoyed the most: Silent Hill, Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil and Need for Speed.

I also remember enjoying the first/ first few Resident Evil and Silent Hill movies but so far my favorite game movie is still Street Fighter. I was so amused by it and I was thankful that they stayed true to the original costumes. I usually do tend to like video game movies anyway because usually even when they are bad they are at least amusing.