Reasons for not buying a PS4 just yet

I don't think there is any good reason to not to buy a PS4. If you're into gaming, you should get it. It's a pretty significant upgrade over the PS3. And the prices have come down enough to where I think most people can justify the expense. So go ahead and pull the trigger. You'll be more than satisfied, I think. Most of my friends and family who have bought playstation 4's have no regrets at all. I don't think you will either.

I'd rather wait for more games to come out before buying a PS4. I'm quite happy with my PS3 and Xbox 360 at the moment. Also some games available in stores today for the PS4 are only remastered improved versions of what is already available on the PS3. It also puts me off if a game looks like a PS3 game (graphics wise). Developers should be used to the system and max out its potential. Like the camera thing. Is it still called Playstation Eye? I have PS Move but I only have a few games for it (sometimes I regret my purchase). The PS4 camera looks like a Kinect and detects the player but are there games for it? I'd rather wait patiently for a price drop (I can afford it now but paying less cash is great), a limited edition (or I could settle for a plain one..that looks cool too) and bugs and issues to be fixed before jumping in.

Another reason why you shouldn't buy yet is because of the graphics. They look like it's still from PS3 days, so why bother being it's brother, if it's not ready to make those leaps and bounds yet? Give the company some time to make it look different from the last gen. Also, more games would have been added to their library, so it could also help in decision making when it comes to those two options.

Not to mention more games will be released by the time you purchase the system.

Here's another reason for not buying the PS4 right now. It's expensive. By the end of this year I reckon the price will go down by a fair bit and there will be a far better choice of games. I'm happy with my PS3 right now and I am in no rush for a PS4.

I'm right there with you on this one, price is probably the biggest factor but like you, I like to wait until they work the major bugs out as well. It can be frustrating initially when something is too new...I'm fine waiting a little for the trade off of a more consistent product.

When the games you want to play are no longer available on the console you own, that is a good time to upgrade. Too many good games still available on the PS3 with no reason to upgrade except OCD.

Gaming platforms are never a long term investment. That being said, game platforms have a life span of 3-4 years being top notch and then being shadowed by next next generation.

I never got around to buying a PS3, so I felt pretty justified in buying a long-overdue gaming console with the PS4! I am vaguely annoyed that the price will probably drop within the next six months and that they'll probably release a new version with some awesome features over the next few years but overall I just couldn't wait to buy it!

I generally wait for a 3rd generation manufactured console (Typically towards the middle of the console's life cycle) because early releases tend to have some hardware issues and there usually aren't enough games upon release to keep me interested. Not only that, but manufacturing processes get better meaning that prices drop. By waiting in the middle of a console's life, there's more games, better hardware and cheaper pricing that makes it an ideal time to get the console.

Reactions: fliktor7
The price is my first reason. And I don't think that this console is too much expensive, but with the time, the price will go down for sure. Besides, the games it already have don't attract me at all, there aren't too many exclusives games. I think it's a matter of time, in a future I will buy it for sure, but for now I can go on with my PC.

I would wait for more games and cheaper prices before I bought a PS4. I'm actually not a fan of the new generation systems. I was perfectly satisfied with my Xbox 360, and I just bought it two years ago. There were plenty of updates, so I never once felt like the console was outdated. Now that there's an Xbox One, less games are being released for the 360, and it really sucks. Pretty soon I'll have no choice but to upgrade. This goes for the PS3 and PS4 as well.

I think that I will upgrade my playstation 3 to a playstation 4 when the project morpheus comes out (if it does someday) or maybe I keep my pc and go on with the oculus rift, that will depend on the games. Or maybe when kingdom hearts 3 or ffXV come out

I completely agree with you 100% here. I had no intentions of upgrading anytime soon, however I am OVERWHELMINGLY EXCITED about the new Kingdom Hearts 3 release- which means I will have to get either a Playstation4 or an XboxOne. Even though I have an Xbox360, I am not fond of "XBOX LIVE," therefore a Playstation4 it will be. I just hope they work those buggies out BEFORE the release of Kingdom Hearts 3. Nothing like buying a new console for hundreds of hard earned dollars, just to have to replace or pay to have fixed within the first year of ownership.

Well, I don't generally by first release anything, since they will ALWAYS have some sort of bug or glitch or something wrong with it. Also, I planned on buying a PS4 because I thought it would run all of my PS3 games too. NOPE. Sony made a very stupid mistake and made the PS4 non backwards compatible. So, I'm not buying a PS4 until the prices go waaaay down, the same way I did with my PS3. :cool: Also, I've been hearing there is a bunch of things wrong with it, so I'm all the more glad I refuse to by first releases.

Whenever the price for the PS4 dips, I am going to buy it. I just do not know when that is going to happen, though. The games coming out for it are wonderful, it is just that I do not have the insane amount of cash that the PS4 requires.

The price of the ps4 is excessive, especially considering the variety of games that are available at the moment. Game developers are nowhere near using the ps4 to its full potential yet, this will change obviously as the time goes on. I've got a ps4 but my recommendation would be to hold off for maybe another 6 months, one, to see what games become available and secondly I'd imagine the price of the system will drop considerably.