Reasons for not buying a PS4 just yet

joshposh

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
trafficmonsoon.com
I still play my PS3 even though the PS4 is already out. I will not be buying a PS4 anytime soon until the price comes down significantly. But that's just one reason. As a rule of thumb with any new technology, you should always wait til they figure out the bugs before purchasing.

Well it's not. Your'e exactly right. Especially with the One slashing prices by so much already.

Well it's not. Your'e exactly right. Especially with the One slashing prices by so much already.

I haven't bothered looking at the current prices of the ONE and PS4. I'm still playing "The Evil Within" on the PS3. Sure the PS4 version might be graphicly superior but it's still fun nonetheless.

My tactic for any purchasing the newest generation of console gaming systems, is to wait a year and half minimum until I buy one. From my personal experience, I have observed that market prices begin falling after 18 months [sometimes it varies sooner or later], after the hype as died down and the console companies have made a return of investment, thus pricing will be lowered to attain more customers still holding back from buying or untapped market area of people who were willing but did not have enough to purchase. More over, the initial games leased for sale are mostly filler games and not worth buying for its price.

Another tactic I do is look for used consoles being sold for less than retail price, but I will only buy if it is 1/3 cheaper.

Reactions: pandabear1991
My tactic for any purchasing the newest generation of console gaming systems, is to wait a year and half minimum until I buy one. From my personal experience, I have observed that market prices begin falling after 18 months [sometimes it varies sooner or later], after the hype as died down and the console companies have made a return of investment, thus pricing will be lowered to attain more customers still holding back from buying or untapped market area of people who were willing but did not have enough to purchase. More over, the initial games leased for sale are mostly filler games and not worth buying for its price.

Another tactic I do is look for used consoles being sold for less than retail price, but I will only buy if it is 1/3 cheaper.
You've hit the nail on the coffin. I will not be buying until later. Thanks for posting.

Rule of thumb for me has always been to wait a little or wait longer for a cut in price. Even so, my main interest reside in the console's features and games. So far, the games I'm looking forward to the most haven't come out yet for me to take the next step and buy the console. Once that happens, then I can talk about purchasing one.

There aren't any games for it that i'm interested in yet, so that's my main reason. I'd probably pick one up if the price is right though. Hopefully Black Friday has amazing deals for PS4 consoles!

Well my reasons for not having purchased a Playstation 4 yet are as follows: I cannot afford to just be throwing away money on games consoles willy-nilly. I only just recently purchased a Playstation 3. There were hardly enough games on the Ps3 to draw me into buying that, never mind the PS4. There are not enough games that I like that are on the PS4 in order to draw me into buying it.

With the PS3, I had WWE games, and I also had the GTA V game as an attraction and a push. But with the PS4 there are no games that I want to play that badly, that I am going to shell out the money to buy the console.

If you can afford it and there's a title you'd like to try, I don't see any reason to wait 18 months if you have time right now. When you have steady work the difference in price is hardly noticeable.

But sure, if you're happy with you PS3 there's absolutely no reason to buy the PS4.

I haven't bothered looking at the current prices of the ONE and PS4. I'm still playing "The Evil Within" on the PS3. Sure the PS4 version might be graphicly superior but it's still fun nonetheless.
Last I checked the price was $346 with a bundle. Pretty sure it's going to drop again soon for the holidays. If it gets to under $300, I'll think about it. I also heard more than once, that they're not going to wait as long to drop the new platforms. Have you heard this also?

For me the cost is a factor but one the most significant reasons i'm not getting one just yet has to do with the games that I play. For me, with the games that the have right now, my eye really isn't set on getting a PlayStation 4. I like games such as Final Fantasy and Prince Of Persia. I maybe biased but the games that are for the PlayStation 4 aren't really what i'm into just yet. There is just a lot to be desired and I don't wan't to buy the console and then be disappointed should the games I like not be coming to the PlayStation 4.

I feel the same way. I'm not too excited to get the new consoles even though I am still extremely curious about them. My main reason for not getting one just yet though is that there's just not that many games for it as of now and at the same time I still have so many titles I have yet to play on the ps3 so I'm looking to catch up there first before I jump into the newer consoles, hopefully when they have already built up a significant library.

I still play my PS3 even though the PS4 is already out. I will not be buying a PS4 anytime soon until the price comes down significantly. But that's just one reason. As a rule of thumb with any new technology, you should always wait til they figure out the bugs before purchasing.

Totally agree. A new consoles usually has mediocre launch games, possibly could have shoddy hardware, and it's also the most expensive it will ever be. The PS4's price will only go down from there, the hardware will only get better, and there will only be more and more games to choose from with each new game possibly looking better than the last. Aside from bragging rights, there are very few reasons to get a PS4 (or any console) on launch day. Also, I still feel like PS3 still has a lot of life left in it. I'm enjoying the hell out of mine, and still think I will continue to enjoy it next year.

I actually do want to have a Playstation 4 some time soon but honestly, right now, the Xbox One is becoming more and more favorable to me. The price dropped significantly, the games right now on the Xbox One platform are really good and the games on the Playstation 4 platform isn't as good as I hoped it would be. Yes, in the long run, I think Sony may pass the Xbox One's game library but for now, greatness still eludes the Playstation 4.

The price drop definitely changed my view of the console considerably. When the One was first revealed, it honestly wasn't even on my radar. I've gone with Sony ever since the PS1. I don't consider myself a fanboy, as I do appreciate other consoles, I just generally tend to stick with one console, and have always preferred Sony's. After the PS3, I was actually considering switching the following generation. I felt MS did a better job with the 360 and I was tired of not having people to play with online. Also, I had recently purchased a Windows Phone and I really thought Microsoft would unveil some cool functionality that would allow my Windows Phone, my Xbox One, and possibly my Windows PC to interact, but they made way too many missteps up until launch for me to consider the One.

I believe they have done a great job turning things around since then, but, even with all the changes, I still just viewed the One has a similar, slightly weaker, more expensive version of the PS4. The PS3 and 360 were very similar, and I believe the One and PS4 are even MORE similar which just makes it hard to justify buying both. I'm thinking I'll continue to wait it out and see how it goes with both consoles.

I am content with mine. The only thing that is wrong with the PS3 is the Home doesn't have many features. They are still making plenty of games for the PS3 I believe so there is no reason to buy just yet. I have yet to find a new game I like as well.

I don't really see the point in upgrading from the PS3 to the PS4 if you already have a PS3 because you are going to pay a large amount of money for not that much more and if you were to just wait a few years, even one year the price of the PS4 would probably drop drastically.

Buying a new console is usually for early adapters who want to support the platform and have the latest toy. I fell into that category and bought the PS4 just to have a next gen console despite it not having any must buy titles or exclusives at launch. Luckily it now has plenty of good games, admittedly most of them are cross platforms and can be played on last gen console or Xbox One and PC.

If you ain't the early adopter type, I completely agree with your opinion and many other in this thread. There is no point in getting the new console right now. Lack of games in general, few exclusives, and the price being the biggest barrier. I managed to snag my PS4 for $250 using Amazon warehouse so I'm happy with it!

I honestly hate the fact that they came out with the PS4 bundle this year. I bought my PS4 in July for 359.99 and got NOTHING other than the system itself. And now they come out with a bundle that includes not one, but TWO, games?? Absolutely cray.

On top of that, I feel like we were cheated out of. We bought the system expecting it to be fully functional, yet we get HDMI problems, limited features (including a disk drive without a reason other than gaming) and update problems.

Seriously, don't buy a PS4 yet.

With the PS3 I bought it 9 months after it came out.. the 40gb phat version for 400 (UK) pounds. A week later they announced the upgraded version for £100 less and I kicked myself. I won't be making the same mistake this time around. This time I'll be waiting till next Black Friday to buy it. Hopefully it will be upgraded and cheaper by then.