R Superheroes GODS?

PrinceLUDA21

Registered
Apr 18, 2006
Philly
So I spent the good portion of my weekend watching Super Hero movies. I.E Superman, Spiderman. And I came across the God like Complex that was given to both heroes. And it got me to think. Do ppl hold Superheros up in the God like stature? I mean take a look at Superman, he can be preceived as GOD on earth. Ppl cling on to him because he stands for things that brings hope to all. Even in the comics he is looked at in the same way. And Not just Superrman but Spiderman also. In Spiderman 2, many ppl wanted to know whats with the Jesus like comparison ( Train scene). I mean to me it was like I guy just risekd his own life to constantly put others in front of him. And yet he and Sup did it for nothing. No money, no girls, but just because they chose to.

So again my quesion is are they like Gods, or are they just people just doing a job?

traditionally, there have always been "gods" in cultures, but that's a broad term. I think they are modern day legends. Some cultures worship their legends (like the Greeks), but others just have wild tales that are told over and over lifting the characters (real or not) into a super-human status.

It's just a modern day version of Norse mythology, I say norse because Thor can kick the crap outta Hercules any day in the funny books. Yet it's only enjoyed by a small percentage. Yet since many of these characters have been around for 60 years they have changed as well. I like to think of it as another version of a soap opera. One funny thing, has anyone noticed what I like to call the Bart Allen effect in comics? It's pretty common, you know superhero does something bad, and the only way he can redeem himself is by killing himself in order to save everyone else.

The main difference is that hundreds of people don't gather to worship Ant Man (thank God).

And yeah. Thor could easily kick Hercules' ass (if he wasn't dead since Avengers Disassembled).

Man, read the comics! That wasn't actually Thor, it was just a cybernetic clone.

And yeah, Thor was a beast, but he was still beatable by the other top-tier Marvel characters. I'd bet that Cable (before he lost his powers and became a pussy), Prof. X (before he lost his powers and became a pussy), Magneto (before he lost his powers and became a pussy), the Hulk, Jean Grey (before she died...again), and a few others could give him the smack down.

The House of M is really starting to annoy me.

Sorry Spuds, I stopped keeping up with Civil War until the trade paperbacks come out. Last I saw was Thor's hammer and the foreshadowing that Sparky was coming back. Oh, and I didn't mean to infer that no one else could give him fits. But when it comes to strength vs. strength, the Hulk is unstoppable.

Magneto could still beat Thor. Iceman could destroy him in many creative ways. Nightcrawler could kill him if he got the jump on him. And Mr. Fantastic is genius enough to find a way to whip him. If you've ever seen the Avengers animated movie, you've seen the Hulk actually pick up Mjilnor. And those are just a few of the ones powerful enough to take him out.

Scarlet Witch (provided she's still alive - I forget) could kick everyone's ass. All she has to do is run some numbers in her head and she can do ANYTHING! Power over probability is a fabulous thing.

Well, apparently if Scarlet Witch gets sad enough, she can just break the planet so that you don't exist. And Iceman or Mr. Fantastic beating THOR?!?!?

Nonsense.

Iceman is one of the few Omega class mutants. If he were to truly use his powers, he could destroy about anyone especially if he got the drop on them. It's also proven that he's indestructible in ice form. A chunk was taken out of his chest (bowling ball size) once and it didn't faze him. Colossus' brother also melted him into a pool of water and reformed him. Didn't even bother him. What can a brute with lightning possibly do? As for old Reed Richards, he's found ways to beat ANY villain. He beat Galactus. What more of a resume do you need?

Silver Surfer nuff said. The storngest Marvel hero out there. HIs power is limitless. But Thor is to make a return WHEN? who the hell knows. It might be around the time Prof. X comes back and Onslaught is re-born. Or when the HULK comes back to Earth.............Next Marvel Event is World War Hulk. And boy is he pissed.......................Which will not change any of the crappy settings done in by Civil War.

Speaking of CW did anyone catch 7.........Waht a waste of freaking time. Cap is a SUCKER he is a bitch. All those side plot lines in the CW were sub-par except Spiderman. And I think the was done on purpose to get him back in the black suit and to FINALLY bring back Eddie......................IE Venom is a good guy now part of the Thunderbolts WTF

Silve Surfer isn't that great. The only notable thing he's really done is tear off Cable's arm. And Cable was de-powered. But really, if Silver Surfer is all that great...then wouldn't ALL the heralds of Galactus be as strong? Wouldn't Nova be just as powerful? I can't see why not.

Edit: Cable wasn't depowered, he was just weakened from kicking ass all day long.

And the Civil War ended as expected. I mean, what were you expecting? Them to completely throw out how the entire American public-at-large was for it and that Marvel would simply progress from there on out with half the heroes underground and half above ground? That'd be lame and that'd be a hassle.

And where've you been? Eddie Brock is dying from cancer. He lost the symbiote. The current Venom is Mac Gargan (Scorpion).

Last edited:
I dont think Silver is all that great..................sidebar that trailer in FF42 made him look cool as S***................But the reason no one else is a powerful is because Galactus can be killed by Silver Sufer, and being as tho He defected from Galactus any new herald can't be as strong for reasons like...maybe the might try to kill Galactus oneday. Atleast thats from what I understand.

And uhhh yea I new Scorpion was the new Venom. I'm not that stupid. But Uhhh as I was reading up on the past Comic Con in NY someone at Marvel spoke about Eddide returning. Not Sure if he will get his suit back or if he will get a new one. So as far as Eddie coming back there is no telling what his part will be. Remember Spidey just got the black suit back on.

But Mac is a suck ass Venom so i'm glad Eddie is coming back, but what will happen with the Thunderbolts tema he is a part of?

But come on Spud Cap just gave up. I mean the serious was doing fine And it could've ended better than Cap giving up and going to Jail. The story could've went a different way.

Not really. All the other alternatives would've been stupid. Apocalypse and Galactus can't show up to quell EVERY uprising.

Your Right they don't need to pop up. Kinda Like Dr. Doom. But Come on I'm not the only one the wanted more from the series. Cap should've died in battle from Iron Man and the Law should've been removed. Or It was all a ploy for Tony to make Money or for him to gain some kind of control in the world. I'm not against some Heroes going underground thats a pretty cool idea. It makes room for story depth, but it was a let down.

The weird thing will be if The Punisher picks up where Cap left off. Ladies and gentlemen I give you....Captain Punisher!

That would just be wrong.

No it wasn't! While the Punisher is a total badass and pretty cool, he isn't an appropriate person to take up Cap's mantle. His core values are so very different. It would be wrong. Just wrong.

1173815366188nl7.jpg