PS3 / X-Box 360 / WII

stbede77

Registered
Oct 4, 2006
So I was going through MSNBC.com and was reading an article when I saw PS3 in the headlines... After looking into it I found that Gamestop isnt going to allow reserves for the PS3 since only 400,000 are being shipped to the USA... What in the world were they thinking! For months I have been looking to reserve a PS3... and I know for a fact that some slob is going to beat me to them since he dones't have a life and will camp out for 3 days before they even come out to just get 1 of the 3-4 systems that each gamestop is supposed to get... so I have been searching around for any good ideas on how to get my hands on them... any ideas? other then e-bay where they will probably go for like 4k per... my only hope that I see in really getting one is the raffles that are going off on a couple of the sites... irozeny.com has one along with one or two other sites... any ideas guys?

Yeah. Edit your title.

As for your question, I suggest you make nice with the peeps at Gamestop or other store. They'll tell you exactly when the shipments will come in and are going to be put out. They may even stick one behind the counter for you (getting hooked-up is very possible). Trust me. It works no matter what company policy is. If that isn't going good enough for you, a little green in their palm can help (like $10 or $20 bucks). Let's face it, if you can afford a PS3, what's $20 more?

Agreeed with Jonas. Make friendly with your local Gamestop. I have done so and I used to work at one. But the fact of each Gamestop getting 3-4 is a Lie. I live in Philly and there are about 40 GS anf 35 EB's that I know of in the city. And some of those stoers will not be getting any systems. for the shere purpose that Best Buy, Circuit City and Wal-Mart will get the most of those systems. Even if they get I nice chunk they still will not have enough to cover everystore with 3-4 more like 1-2. 400k. That's 100k Best Buy, 100k Circuit City, 100k Wal-Mart, 100k Gamestop Inc. And even thats cutting it tight. I just say give up and wait it out. OR EBAY

spudlyff8fan said:
Uhh...what about Kmart? EB? Target? Amazon? Etc?

Well it was a rough sketch. If you really want the truth it comes down to market shares.

Gamestop Inc (they own EBnow)
Wal-Mart
Best Buy
Curcuit City
Toys R' Us/Amazon
K-Mart or Target
and the rest, Radio Shack, FYE, Local Stores.

I know no one wants to hear this, but here goes. Just wait, just wait for stores to have it in. Because trying to get one during the holidays will cause you massive stress. So, just wait for the store to have a regular shipment of them in.

GAMESTOP / EB GAMES IS PRE-ORDERING PS3s TODAY ONLY!!

The reports that they will not be pre-ordering are just wrong.

I just got back from the store myself, and my PS3 is locked down. My local EBgames (Phoenix, AZ) was able to get their hands on 14 PS3s for launch. But Phoenix is a big market. It is very likely that other Gamestop/EBgames will have far fewer.

I will be opening a thread where ya'll can post your local availabilities if you feel like calling around.

Sorry to diss............Nope I'm not even gonna do that. Here are the facts, Stores will only be taking orders until they reach their set allowed, The two stores I shop at have 14 and 16 pre-orders allowed. BUT WAIT, each store will only be getting about two systems in at laucnh. This will be just like the 360 last year. WAITING LIST. Depending on where you stand in the on the list and how fast Sony can ship systems depends on when you can PS# it up. So if your in the top 4 then your lucky enough to get a system on lauch day. But that also depends on the store. Each store can only pre-order two systems for employees. So if they were their when the store opend then you can bet on who will walk out with a PS3.....................Also it is a maybe that this will be the same fate if and when they open the sku pre-orders for the Wii