ps3 vs ps4

gamergod88

Registered
Nov 5, 2014
just wanted to get an opinion on the currently newest playstation's device ps4 and its benefits against ps3. dunno how about others, but I'm not that kind of guy who goes around and buys all the newest stuff. is it worth to keep ps3 or should I get rid of it asap, because its value will deteriorate?

BUY PS4. Imma huge fan of PS consoles and I can tell you one thing - not only will they stop making games for PS3 soon, the graphics and pretty much everything else is far better in PS4. Lets compare GTA V, for example. With PS4 you get:
* Denser traffic
* Enhanced damage and weather effects
* More wildlife
* NO LAG when you run over a bunch of people, lol.

So yeah, sell your oldie and go get a PS4.

TheBananaGuy, you are either really rich or really rich. I sold my PS3 a couple of months ago and I regret that decision everytime I have friends over. I think that it's still smart to own PS3 and not sell it, unless you plan on spending your whole day on games, in which case, go ahead and buy PS4.

Oh come on, you don't have to be rich to buy a PS4. If he'd sell his PS3, save some money for a month or two he could easily buy the newest console. Borrow a game or two from his friend and that's it.

I agree with Gravis, PS4s are still too expensive nowadays. I've been waiting for the price to drop for a while but its still worth too much. Fortunately they still make the games compatible for PS3, which is cheaper. That's the thing though, why do they make the games compatible for PS3? Are they still working on making the graphics next gen? I would suggest to keep the PS3 because of this, and wait for them to really start releasing stuff that make new systems worth buying.

If you've played all the games that you're interested in on the PS3, and have the money to spare for a PS4, then by all means switch over. I believe there are a few trade-in promotions out there by various stores that'll give you at least $100 for it if you trade it in towards a PS4. Not too sure if those promotions are still up though.

It's hard to really pit the two against each other considering the PS4 is a natural extension. But I can tell you I wouldn't ever get rid of my PS3. Both physical and digital, I have too much invested in it to just abandon it. Plus I believe it will stay viable for a LONG time. Playstation NOW games use their PS3 game servers. Not to mention at the moment, the PS3 has more apps available than the PS4

I say buy a PS3 because of the price. I own both but the only real difference is that Ps4 charges for online and has a little bit better graphics but nothing major.

The best graphics in the world doesn't make it better. Right now with sooooo many games out for the PS3, why would you want to chuck it? I still play mine and there are a bunch of games that are a year or tow old that I still want to play. There are hundred more still being produced for the PS3. Having the PS4 out now will push the PS3 games to new heights because of the comparisons.

I never thought that I will say this, but you guys gotta give PS4 some credit, too! Its graphics (oh, come on, we all like to look at a pleasant imagery), processor are the two things, that catch my eye. Not sure about other PS3 games, but at least GTA V felt really constrained. The lags when there's an explosion or two, a lot of blood during a shoot-out made me frown and I couldn't experience the game to its fullest.

*sigh*... Playstation 3 was really good at its time and we all have great memories on it, but lets not forget that things get better. If we don't progress we'll stay at the same spot with the same games and the same stories from the developers: "Sorry, we can't do that, we're being limited by the PS3". And in a couple of years PS4 will have far more implemented features, that will make use.

One thing that consoles are and probably will always be better than PCs - the advantage of getting new games first. Add that and the faces of your fellow mates, who envy you = priceless.

Agree, consoles have that exclusiveness that PC gamers can only wish for, but the fact is, that PS3 is still a thing and it still maintains its value.

Yes, PS3 is still a thing, but you're not thinking about the future. I mean, come on... we will not be bussinessmen, who are working 24/7. Most of us, who are on this forum, will chill every once in a while behind their prefered gaming system, which for me happens to be a promising next-gen PS4 console. ;)

These are few years old games... Once again - you're not thinking about the future, mate. If you'll want to play something else than old games, you'll have to put some cash on the table.