PS3 to Pricey?

sdman135 said:
Yea i would and am. PS3 is going to be, matter of fact it is, the strongest system. Just cuz the launch games look just as good as the 360 doesn't mean its gonna stay that way. Playstation's game developers usually takes a while to get use to what the the playstaion can do, so after like a half a year u'll really see the difference in the systems. Plus i love being one of the first ppl in my hood to have something new... Harlem World !!

Yeah I was watching something on that. Plus if your a gamer you likely notice how the games get way better as the years progress.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
You know what I just might buy the PS3 just cause. I mean i'm going to get the system anyway. So I'm still on the fence about it. I have no problem paying 600 for the system. Money is not the issue to me. I don't wanna pay 600 for a system and can do nothing with it. So far the games I have seen that will be at launch are dull to me. Or I can get them ( if the price of $79.99 is correct) for less on the 360. Thing is between the PS3 and the 360 the games will play the same and I dare someone to say i'm wrong.

In other news I have confirmed with my Gamestop friends that they will more than likely not be taking pro-orders on the PS3. Why you ask? Well he said that the company knows how many systems they will be getting. So it will avarge out to maybe 2-3 per store. And stores like Best Buy maybe looking at about 10 max per store. Gamestop will be selling first come first serve. To avoid the Pre-Order mis-hap of the 360. This is all what I was told it may or may not hold so Good luck to all who want one. I have connections to get mine.

I heard somewhere that for every 360 there would be like 40 PS3's available. I dont know if this is false but I think sony is producing way more PS3's than 360's.

Point A: Asylum doesn't have a problem with the PS3
Point B: Asylum wishes he owned both the 360 and PS3

Now, that that's out of the way.....i'm trying not to listen to the naive statements made by Sony and Microsoft....Each next gen console is going to have its drawbacks to the price......If you were one of the fortunate people liked myself that couldn't wait for the next shipments of the 360 premium packages earlier this year, then you were like me and settled for a core system.....Then had to buy a hard drive, mic, 2 more controllers for fragfests with my friends, and the HD cables.....Now, with Sony's little guy package, i wonder if that will be the case....i know it will have the hard drive, but there is still a wayyyyy bigger difference in Microsoft's 2 packages than in Sony's 2 packages.......Only time will tell and my overall opinion of the price is :thumbsdow, simply for the fact that i won't buy a PS3 until the bigger package gets cut down significantly or i hit the lottery :headbange

Well Sony did say that You can up grade the $499 system. Also it will have everythin BUT the HDMI which Sony says is so IMPORTANT. But still $499 for a weaker HDD..................I don't know about that the system is still to high for any one. My Aunt just bought her son a 360 and Spent $450 and cried about spending that much. And the thing is They have the money for it. But Sony is taking a gamble by thinkin that the comp. is not going to sell.

And Wise where ever you heard that Sony will have 40 Ps3's for every 360 is a load of crap. Amybe 40 PS2's to every 360. If that would be the case then Everybody who is getting a PS3 will get one on NOV 17. Which I doubt. So happy hunting everyone.

No it does Sony has said the the The only thing the $499 system will not have is HDMI support. Which to some ppl sucks. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and every else will be in that version. There are a few missing usb ports like 2 but thats Ok. The HDD can be upgraded. When an what HDD are gonna be still remains blank. BUT NO HDMI, After they said it was the way of the future and all PS3's will have it and Blu-Ray this and that. One good thing is the Game's will still play. But those Blu-ray movies for the $499 system will not work. SONY SUCKS

All that matters to me really is that the games work. Blu-Ray movies can take a seat on the backburner as for as my priorities go when buying my PS3. I'll gladly save myself $100.