PS3 preorder watch

Maverick

I'm A Pimp, Bitch
Registered
Jul 10, 2005
The Steel City
www.myspace.com
I can not go through another 360 type of shortage. I vow to never again wait outside of Best Buy through the night to get a gaming system. So obviously this thread is to let people know when game stores or websites are taking preorders, so we can get on the lists as soon as possible. Whenever you know a store is taking preorders just post here so others can check their local stores.

GAMING BROTHERS (AND SISTERS) UNITE!

Well i hate to be the baringer of bad news. But NO PS3 Pre-Orders sorry. Some stores and wed stores are not taking orders on the PS3. Or they have so and the window as now passed. Because Sony will only be realseing "2 million" ( I like to see that happen) at launch world wide companies have stoped. And my contacts at Gamestop have given me high VERY HIGH probablity that they will not be taking pre-orders at all. The 360 debacal that happen had them filling orders they took in Nov, up until March. Gamestop lost money on that. I have been told they may be doint a first come first serve. Plus they company already knows and has bought the amount of systems for themselves. I'm not sure if that true or not but I used to work for GS and more than likely they did. Also if they have the systems bought you have to divide that up by evey single GS and EB out there. Which comes down to about 2-3 a store depending on location and sales. Som GS/EB's may not even get a PS3. So that leaves Best Buy, Circuit City, Toy's R Us, the Big wigs. The avarge Ps3 for them per store rounds out to about 10 max. Iremember the 360 launch. A manager a Wal-MArt said that they oly got 11 360 for launch, and there was a line of about 90 ppl. Now these numbers are only for launch. this does not include second shipment. So good hunting.

My advise make friends with someone at one of the stores to make sure you can have one waitng for you. Make a date sell your self if you want it that bad. Being i have 3 optional stores to go to I' coverd in a way but even still I'm not sure.

Yeah, I heard that Prince. But I still have to hope EB will eventually take preorders. They have to take them online unless they just won't sell them on ebgames.com/gamestop.com. I have to think Best Buy and/or Circuit City will take them online with the crappy bundle junk. Damnit, I can't do the "line" thing again, I JUST CAN'T!

Mav don't do it. Don't do the line. Hook up with a female manager at a store so you can be a shoe in for a PS3 no line no nothin. Me and my friend are selling is wife for two PS3's. She has to go on a date with a manager of GS. But don't count of EB taking pre-orders. It's all GS is they are not taking orders then no one is. But the Online thing may work out for per-orders. But you'll be on a waiting ist for about 6 months or so. I feel for yo man I do. Wish you best of luck.

Tell you what I'm getting one. But depending on Devil May Cry's date I may off it on Ebay. So i'll tell you what If i'm not please with the PS3 games before launch I'll sell mine. If you wish to buy it then you can. I'll be taking bids on the PS3 in Right before launch. and some time after. Free Shipping

shysta said:
I guess it was a good thing I pre-ordered my PS3 on February.

What store and when. Just because you have one on pre-order may not mean you will get one. Not trying to get you hopes down or crush a dream. But you may have to be in line. Hope the store you per-Ordered it at get enough systems. You may be looking at a 360 type wait again.

Well Shysta good luck. I have a friend who is a Mnager at the store. he said I ca'n reserve one so boo ho. But top of the list means nothin. The would be getting the same amount of systems as GS/EB. No difference, they are no big wig stores. Piture 100,000 systems split between 50,000 stores nation wide, thats Stores like gamecrazy and GS. But Best Buy is like 100,000 between maybe 20,000 stoers. Even though the fig's are not right but it's simalr to what is fact.

And Mav, they were taking pre-orders way back when, and so was FYE, and a few other stoers. Funny thing is I worked at FYE and I know ppl that work there GS/EB and gamecrazy. You'd think I would have pre-ordered it.

Maverick said:
I'm not saying he's lying, I just don't see how stores could take preorders so damn early with next to no info.
So they can take your money, say "sorry, that last one didn't count" and make you preorder it again.

Yea thats what the wanna do get your money and say when it comes in you'll get it. Or my fav. Well we have your oder but the shippment was low, so your gonna have to wait till next shippment. ( i loved saying that to ppl HA ).

Ya i would feel ya'll pain but i'm one the lucky few that will get first crack at new systems (brother works in Bestbuy :tophat:) so i never have to wait on a 8-24 hour line anytime soon. and i get discounts so the the price doesn't bother... don't get me wrong i'm not rich i just got connections :smile: :wink:. Oh yea i'll get the Wii to so i'll have the next collection.

P.S. i didn't post this to make u guys jealous. And if i did my sincerely apologize :pray:

yea, my friend at EBGames told me they may not take ANY pre-orders for the PS3, cause overall they lost a ton of money on the 360 launch. They were backed up on orders until late February, and it was horrible for business. Hopefully, we're close enough where he can hook me up. I guess I need to start hanging out with him more.

Since I haven't been on the boards for a while I have no idea if anyone else has posted this, but I went to my local EB yesterday and they told me they and GS were going to take preorders in October to hopefully avoid the shortage mess that was the 360 launch. By waiting until about a month before the PS3 launch they get a much more accurate idea of how many preorders they can actually take. I don't know if this is true everywhere, but it's true where I live so check your local stores.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
Hook up with a female manager at a store so you can be a shoe in for a PS3 no line no nothin.
I already scoped out that idea, couldn't find a female manager (of a store that sells video games) anywhere in the East Tennessee area, I might make a road trip to a neiboring state this next weekend though...

Sure beats trying to sell a kidney on eBay...

Peace,

Last edited:
Isn't everyone going a little overboard here? Most consoles aren't very good at launch anyway. I can't imagine the PS3 will be worth getting until fall 2007 at the earliest. That's just me.